Chapter 26

"I apologize for trying to kill you that day. I was wrong." I apologized to the girl, bowing politely. She remained silent for a moment.

"...I'm sorry for trying to kill you too..." She whispered as she looked down. I smiled and said, "Let's forgive and forget." I held my hand out. She accepted. That whole deal is finally over.

She tried to kill me, I tried to kill her, we both said sorry. It was a nice even playing field. I smiled as I walked away. August woke up and that's a miracle he woke up so early.

It felt like everything was tied into a nice golden bow.

"August! Good morning!"I smiled as I walked up to him. He stared at me in silence. WHat. Do I look ugly.

"Nothing, I just thought your smile was nice to see." He replied casually. There was a few moments of silence as he walked past me.

Suddenly, I blushed red. EHHHH?! I put my hands to my face. What's going on?! Why am I blushing?! My face felt hot. What is this? August complimented me before and I never reacted like this, did I? What's going on?!
         Could it be that I somewhat developed feelings for him?!

         "Madeleine, Augustine. I have something very important to tell both of you," Father called us on his throne, "As you know, I'm getting older and older since this is the case, I would like to announce an officially heir to the throne to the public." An heir? I was waiting for this. You gotta pick me, dad. You gotta. I have better stats than August.
           "It will be....Augustine." He said. I felt my heart sink.
            "But why father?!" I yelled. He looked down, "Leine, the throne is something that will be much too heavy for you to handle. When you inherit it, you will gain every single bit of sin that has put our family in our position. You will inherit not only the throne but the guilt and responsibility of an entire nation. How can I put all of that onto my princess?"
             I found myself irritated, "Even After I showed you my superior grades and IQ, and the fact that I'm in the student council. I'll list it all,dad! I'm part of the student council, I'm a straight A student even going through classes much above my grade level and still getting 100s, I'm in chess club so I know how to strategize, and I'm in debate club so I know how to argue and prove my point. I'm also fluent in 16 languages, so I can have meetings with other officials from other countries, I have extensive knowledge of the history of the world, I know about business and commerce. Tell me, dad, what am I lacking in?"
        He looked taken aback.
         "And you did all of that?" He asked.
       I nodded, "Want me time show it off? El Travite No Sugeiska e y mo Lirove ca signete, La Flores cor herai. Enodorian. Miro si le coconi Han touri o suki Shi nah? Hiranese. Itademe tu Carosol Magnus ku hara o kito sira deme. Iname-"

          "Okay, okay, Leine you can stop I get it," he sighed, "Leine are you sure you want it?"
            "Yes! Give it to me, please papa?" I asked my eyes shining sweetly, pouting. He sighed again before saying, "okay, I officially name you my heir."
            August smiled, "You finally did it!" He looked happy for me even though I just stole his position what the heck?

        But I'm so happy. I'm gonna be queen, the thing I've worked so hard for since I first came here!

      "Anyway, we'll formally announce you as my heir tomorrow and when you're 18, I'll abdicate since I'm starting to get arthritis problems," dad said sighing

         "Arthritis problems? Dad, how old are you?!" I asked.

          "You shouldn't ask a man their age! It's rude..." he put his hands over his chest. What are you a shoujo maiden.