Chapter 16

"Where are we?" I asked Sierr as we came out in a huge temple looking room. Whitish gold columns filled the hall and at the end was an elevated floor which had some sort of podium and stand filled with moonlight water. Above the slightly elevated floor was a glass dome that let the moonlight light up the hallway.

    "Hm? This should be one of the Amaria temples in the royal castle." Sierr said. What. Amaria?! That's like across the ocean!!!! "T-the royal castle?" I asked him. He nodded casually.

August looked at him like he was crazy. "Won't we be killed if they know who we are?!" He asked. Sierr thought for a moment, "Maybe."

I started to gather supplies to jump out of the window. "No no no, JK stop." He yelled, "The royals here owe me lots of favors so they'll help us."

I sighed, "For a minute I thought you've gotten stupider." He laughed, "Heh, Like hell that would happen." August seemed like he was getting tired of our egotistic personalities as he promptly left the room. "AH WAit" We both yelled following.

"Ah Sierr-sama, It is truly an honor for you to let us bask in your heavenly presence." The king said bowing, in the throne room. Wow, what did Sierr do to make the king talk to him like that and even bow!?

"Yo, I want you to house us and protect us, thanks." He said quickly before starting to walk out. What the hell- "I understand, Sierr-sama, I will provide rooms right away. Uriah Get It done!" The king yelled.

We were promptly brought to separate, spacious rooms in the palace. What's with these connections?!

At this moment in time, we were all in August's room eating macroons. "How-" August started. Sierr promptly interrupted and said, "Don't ask."

The room was silent for a very long time. "Oh yeah, I forgot. Here." Sierr touched August's head and a suddenly he had bright blonde hair. I was about to get surprised but now I've gotten used to it. Ahh magic. "What did you do to my hair?" August asked touching it. "I just made it look blonde, so they wouldn't be able to recognize you. Oh we should do it to Madeleine too." He said touching my head. My hair promptly turned silvery white.

YOOOOOO I look like one of those anime protagonists in an isekai anime. "Uh lets see what else." He asked himself. "Oh lets switch eye color!" He touched both of our eyes, and when I looked in the mirror next to us, I had red eyes while August had my blueish green eyes. I felt a bit sad, those eyes were from my father.

"What's wrong, Leine?" August asked. Sierr stared in interest. "My blueish green eyes were from Father." I said blankly staring at myself. August looked down.

Sierr sighed and said, "Ugh fine." He switched my eyes and August's eyes back. I laughed, "You didn't need to."
"Yeah but you get like super depressed super easily."

"Die." I said again.

August burst out laughing and fell lying on the bed. It feels weird to see August without that lovely pitch black hair. I took another bite of my macaroon. "I wonder if we're friends." I said aloud. They both stared at me, "What are you talking about, if we weren't friends why would we help you at all?"

My eyes widened as I stared at both of them. I never had friends in my previous life. While I was in grade school I skipped a lot of grades so I never had anyone around my age that would approach me. They all looked at me like I was competition and that's how I always saw them. When I graduated college at 10 and made my way to presidency, I still had no friends. I think I was a bit lonely in that way.

Good thing I have friends in this life.

I warmly smiled at them, "yes, Maybe I've gotten stupider."

Ever since I arrived in Amaria's palace, Sierr's been teaching me mad magic bro. He learned I only knew some basics and got really mad. Now I can teleport and do lots of awesome stuff. Since I'm actually black haired I can do magic quite easily haha!

"Hey Leine, I'm sorry." August said as we sat in a long chair bench type of thing together. Sierr had to do some sort of work. "Why are you saying sorry?" I asked. He looked down, "Because the emperor. Your father..."

"It's not your fault, maybe it really is mine. He said something about betrayal, remember?" I said smiling as I stared up. He flinched. He turned his head to me quickly, his face looked hurt. "I've been watching you and your father for years. Everyday was full of warmth and love and happiness! Every single day! Not one was sad-," He sounded like he was begging me, " You did nothing wrong...! That emperor loved you with all his heart, and you know that! That big ol' dofus wouldn't banish even if you betrayed him!"

My eyes widened in horror. After all those nights I spent trying to control my emotions- You have to make me feel like this again! "I get it.." I whispered tears dripping down my cheeks, "I get it..." His eyes were filled with tears, he looked hurt. I guess father's actions affected both of us?

"I wanted to see it forever." He said still looking down. ? "Wha-,"

"To see both of you and the emperor happy together everyday. Every Day..." He said, his tears falling to the floor, he was hiccuping. I stared at him blankly. I pursed my lips.

   It's pitiful. Both you and I.

        I touched his head with my hand. "I wished to see something similar." I said. He looked up a little. I smiled, "I wished to see you being happy with us. Every day."

Regret filled despair filled his eyes as his frown slowly turned into a sad smile. Maybe both of finally realized we should've spent more time with dad. It was regret. I caressed his face, "So won't you help me achieve my wish?" I asked. He wiped his and my tears off.

Augustine smiled warmly,"Sure..."

He laid his head on my shoulder and then somehow fell asleep. I sighed with smile, "For fourteen year olds, we sure are immature, huh?"

.