Chapter 20

As I breathed in the frigid air of the mountain's beginning, I noticed that I could even see my breath. The mountain's top had icy glacier's all over it, but even at the base It was extremely cold. I snuggled up in my jacket as I prepared myself for the hike that we would most certainly have to do. 

        Near the very top, I spotted a cave. It must be the dragon's! "Okay, guys. We're gonna hike to the top, see that cave-" Sierr pointed at the cave, " That's where the ol' geezer is, so stay alive until then!" 

        We both nodded, before starting the climb up. The watery blue sky stared longingly down at us as we climbed. In my last life, though I wasn't always physically fit, I did play the sport of Four Square in kindergarten before I had to skip grades. 

       So, I have some amount of Stamina. As we climbed and climbed, we eventually neared the top. The air here was so hard to breathe in, I thought I would actually faint but I kept going with Sierr and August in tow. 

       Soon, we reached the dragon's cave and settled down inside of it, catching our breath. It felt warm inside it, which was just a bit surprising. 

        I put down my backpack and sat down on a rock, August sat down on the floor.

"Ooooh. You should probably stop sitting on that, Madeleine." Sierr told me. 

      In tropes, this means the person we're looking for is under me. What? Did I step on his tail or something? I slowly got up. 

      I then stared at the image of a writhing monster as it stared meniciously at me. WHAT? That's not a dragon! It looks more like a plant! IT suddenly lunged at me with it's claws beared out agressively. 

       "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled. Sierr and AUgust jumped away from the monster. FREAKING HELL HELP ME DONT RUN AWAY! 

Right in front of my eyes, it was sliced midair. It's now broken body fell to the ground infront of me. I stared at it in confusion. 

     "What are you doing?" Someone from the very back of the cave asked. As they came out of the darkness, I saw their white hair. It was snow white. Not a single shade of it was dark. And it wasn't like my previous fake white hair, it was different somehow. 

They stared at us in silence before spotting sierr. "AHhh! Sierr, yooo!" He yelled raising his hands as he ran towards him. Sierr smiled as he hugged him. "Yoo Licst, How have you been?" Sierr asked him. 

   Wait, isn't that  the name of the dragon. Bruh you got to be kidding me. How am I supposed to suspect a dragon would look human. I looked over to August. He seems to be shocked too. I guess I'm not the only one. 

      "I was just ya know living the cave life up here in the snowy mountains." He replied with a happy smile. 

     Sierr laughed heartily before suddenly becoming very serious. "Let's get to the main point I'm here."