Chapter 21

Camila stares at the Tv in her apartment with an uneasy look. Her fingers tapped against her thigh rhythmically as Alejandro sat on the other couch with Sinuhe. She needs to get out of there Lauren was alone, but her parents had planned this day for a while now. Sofia has her feet propped up on the coffee table like if she were in her house.

"You know you should open up your apartment more it stinks" Alejandro says. Sinuhe on the other had opened all Camilas windows in hopes that the smell of confinement would leave. She found it rather odd seeing as she's been a month living here, but she didn't question it. Maybe Camila wasn't feeling that well and had fallen into old patterns.

"How's college?" Sinuhe ask opening the fridge so she could cook something for them. She looked at Camila from the kitchen waiting for a reply, but the girl was to lost in her thoughts. Her left leg bounces quickly and her tapping didn't stop, something was bothering her and Sinuhe knew it.

"Camila honey!" Sinuhe says making the girl quickly look at her and stand up from her seat to go to the kitchen where her mother stood. Camila smiles at her mother as Sinuhe ask where the pots where.

"Help me cook" Sinuhe says filling a pot of water. "Is everything alright?" She questions. She didn't want to seem to interested she knew her daughter enough to know that if she seemed to interested in something she would lie about it or avoid talking about it all together if it's about her.

"Yes, I am just a little exhausted" Camila lies in hopes of her parents getting the hint and leave. Sinuhe opens the fridge one eyebrow rising when she takes out a carton of expired milk.

"You must be, college is not that easy" Sinuhe says noticing that her daughters fridge was mostly filled by expired foods. "Have you been eating?" She questions as she throws out the milk as well with some moldy cheese, bread and some fruits that she was sure she had given Camila the day she had arrived here. Sinuhe would be lying if she says that she's not worried, she could sense that something was bothering her and that something was off.

"I have, why?" Camila questions as she sees her mother start throwing food out. The look her mother gives her makes Camila shrug her shoulders. "I did not say I was eating home. I have been eating out most of the time" Camila quickly lies as she avoids Sinuhe's gaze. The way her shoulders rose and the tense way she now stood gave Sinuhe all the information she needed. She's lying.

"Are you depressed honey?" She questions. It makes Camila shake her head quickly facing her mother. "It's okay to feel a little blue from time to time" Sinuhe says placing a hand on Camilas back and rubbing circles.

"It's normal for it to happen after you leave your family and become independent" Sinuhe says "We miss having you home, the house feels rather empty without you" She informs hugging her daughter for a few seconds. Camila on the other hand awkwardly hugged her mother with a tight lipped smile.

"I am not depressed, I just don't have time to make food for myself, college has been taking up all my time, I am also looking for jobs so I spend most of my time out" Camila. Responds as she grabs the knife and then stares at her mother.

"Ahh, you know you can tell us anything right?" Sinuhe says handing her an onion for her to start cutting.

"I know, the both of you would not mind helping me by sending me to a psych ward" Camila says rather angrily at her mother. Camila resented them for it. She starts cutting the onions "you wouldn't mind telling them to prescribe me with more medication so I can be drugged up like a zombie, Right mother?" She growls loudly enough to get Alejandro's and Sofia's attention that are just across from them.

"Camila you have to understand we did what was best for you" Sinuhe says placing down the red peppers on her hand. "We never meant to hurt you with our decision" Sinuhe admits as Alejandro stands up from the couch with a hard look on his face.

"Well it did not felt that way!" Camila says her hands grasped the knife so hard that her knuckles turned white and she cut the onion so much that she almost cut one of her fingers off.

"That was years ago move on past it, it doesn't matter anymore" Alejandro says with a harsh glare towards Camila.

"It matters to me father!" Camila says loudly the veins in the right side of her forehead becoming visible out of anger.

"Don't talk back to me! Mucho menos en ese tono!" he shouts at Camila pointing his finger at her in a threatening stance. He didn't like the tone she was using with him.

"You have no clue what I endured there, you have no right to say it does not matter when I still have dreams about it at night!" Camila shouts at him.

"I do, I was the one who gave them permission to do every single thing they did to you" He says with a bored expression as if he did not care for what happened to her. "You are fine now aren't you?" He questions quirking an eyebrow at her. Out of anger Camila stabs the cutting board leaving the knife standing. Her jaw was clenched and the vein in the side of her forehead throbs.

"If so you should be thanking me, you're normal now, or as normal as you can be" he dismisses her action making Camila grind her teeth.

"Way to ruin our visit sis" Sofia says typing on her phone with a grin. She stays silent biting her tongue as she takes deep breaths to control her temper

"I'm sorry, I knew it was a mistake sending you there, I know that what you went through affected you, but you never told us what they did to you there" Sinuhe spoke receiving a death glare from Alejandro.

|-/

When Lauren hears a loud bang she knows it's time to hide the shard of glass she was using to try and loose the metal screw that bounds her chain to the wooden wall. Her movements are quick as she places it behind the bed frame and sits. The door opens she takes in the image before her. She knew what was she in for.

Camila stood with a hand against the door the other in a clenched fist, eyebrows dipping down and eyes with a glint of hate. Seeing the color drain from Lauren's face made her feel better.

"Hi?" it's a whisper that makes a wicked grin take over Camila's face by hearing Lauren's raspy voice. It was even adorable the way she said it. The way her eyes become dull when she realizes Camila's intention but still tries to minimize them by trying to engage in a conversation.

"Hey my love" she smirks