Chapter 25

Lauren gazes at everything around her fascinated. The fresh air is enough to renew her mood and forget what she actually wants out of this. Her hands touch every tree she comes across picking every flower she can and pointing excitedly at every small animal that catches her eyes. Even with her jacket it felt cold winter clearly is right around the corner.

Camila seemed happy with Lauren for once as she listens to anything and everything Lauren tells her in excitement. She gazes intently at everything that Lauren pointed to get her attention.

Lauren cheeks are rosy and her eyes are bright and everything in her aura express the emotions Lauren is feeling.

In one occasion Lauren's hand grazes Camila while they are walking and it makes Camila smile as something she's never experienced before fills her chest for the slightest of second, but she wants to feel it again and try to understand it.

"Look! Another butterfly I forgot how beautiful every single one of them are!" Lauren gushes as she quickens her steps to follow it she tries to catch it extending her hands and as fast and as gently possible try to capture it. But as excited and happy she is she would never try to hurt a beautiful creature. So she lets it roam free how the small butterfly belongs.

She wishes she could trade places with that butterfly as she tilts her head up watching the beautiful greenery from every single tree.

"It is beautiful getting to experience nature in its truest form isn't it?" Her kidnapper ask gently with a soft smile, Lauren nods a genuine smile on her lips. They walk besides each other enjoying the moment the both of them were sharing.

"I don't remember the last time I felt as close to nature than now" Lauren admits remembering the small crystals she owns and candles she had bought for her small rituals that made her feel as if she were truly connected with earth. It was an amazing feeling that she had forgotten how it felt.

"How does that feel?" Camila ask in hopes of getting to know Lauren's mind a little bit deeper. Lauren opens her mouth just to close it again as she looks at the Latina next to her.

"Even if I tried putting such feeling into words it couldn't be possible to capture such feeling," Lauren stays quiet for a few seconds as she takes a deep breath and squints her eyes. "It feels like to be born again" she says and Camila quirks an eyebrows she clearly didn't understand.

"How could you possibly feel as if you were being born again? It does not make any sense" Lauren nods her head and it only makes her more confused as Lauren smiles warmly at her.

"Do you know how it feels to be born?" She ask Camila and Camila was starting to think that Lauren might have lost her mind.

"No, I do not even recall the events that led place to such tragic events" it makes Lauren laugh at her words even though Camila was actually serious. If being born was a choice Camila would have opted out of it.

"I don't remember too but I imagine it to be as pure as you could ever possibly feel when you take your first breath in this world." Camila couldn't understand her but she nods her head not wanting to ruin the conversation they were having.

"It's like every action and thing that you've ever done fades away and you're only focused and aware of your surroundings, like a child with wide eyes amazed of the beauty that surrounds you."

A cold breeze passes between them. Camila walks besides Lauren eyeing her every once in a while. The sound of leafs rustling and twigs being snapped filled the silence between the two of them.

"Do you want to see something amazing?" Camila questions as she stills making Lauren stop on her tracks as well. Lauren nods her head as Camila starts to walk again.

They kept glancing at each other once in a while with smiles. Camila smiles because of Lauren. Lauren smiles to hide her true intentions now. For all that Lauren knows that "amazing thing" that Camila wants to show her is a hole that has been dug seven feet underground and just the right size for Lauren's dead body. And as much as she likes to feel one with nature she isn't ready to actually join it.

Her plan was to just run it out, that was the most logical plan in this type of situation, with every step that they took inside that forest Lauren was arming herself up in bravery.

They walk for a while getting deeper and deeper into the forest which was a good on Lauren's behalf seeing as Camila won't know where to find her once she frees herself.

And they come to a halt there's a few rocks and a fallen tree but what catches Lauren's gaze is the small animal that's laying on a lumberjack colored sheet. A baby deer lays comfortably with two small steel bowls beside it.

The small animal didn't even bat an eye when it saw Camila.

"Its name is Loki" Camila informs as she gets closer to the small deer she's been taking care of for the past few months.

"Don't get close to it, it's mother might be around here" Lauren says eyeing her surroundings as Camila shakes her head pulling at her chain.

"It does not have a mother I found this little guy alone and I have taken care of him for a few months now" Camila informs as she suddenly lets go of Lauren's chain to approach the small animal. The action quickly sparks Lauren's reaction as She starts running full force twigs snapping and leafs rustling filled the cold air and Lauren's panting.

Lauren didn't know where she's going as she passes numerous trees and she's sure Camila is behind her cause she could hear other footsteps as well. The chain dragged noisily as she loses balance and falls she feels her right foot jolt in pain as she doesn't stop. Quickly I standing up and sprinting away.

Freedom is so close she can taste it! Her legs burned and she's breathless but she didn't dare to stop the adrenaline cursing through her veins made her slightly clumsy as she fell multiple times.