- chapter 8 -

Starting time, 12:30PM (CEST)

Sigh

Bruno is sitting on the chair of his desk, having Abbacchio sitting on the other side in front of him, in his office. They have been staying in silence of over fifteen minutes. Bruno is reflecting of what to say or what to do. Leone is just looking at his expression, stoically.

"Abbacchio, you're one of my most trusted men, you know that?" Bruno starts, not really sure where the conversation will go but, it's better than nothing. "Yes, I know" Abbacchio replies, calm tone like nothing happened.

"Hm, Abbacchio, i know we are in the Mafia, this..is the norm, I can't really punish you. I'll explain what I feel about this instead-" he starts as he rubs his head, not really sure what he's doing or what he should say sense he has never been in this situation "- I know what you have been going through, the fact that you haven't been participating in missions for well, over three months, it must be frustrating knowing that you're not useful in the recent missions because..your stand is not a combat stand, I completely understand." he knew about what Leone has been feeling, but what was he supposed to do? Abbacchio Simply nods, "I'm glad you noticed."

"I know that you have been drinking, a lot, even if  I stated a limit, you wouldn't follow it when I was on missions"

"I know that, you're suffering from your past mistake"

"I know about the death of your relative, your grandma because of murder. I know that she was so dear to you, I really know how much it must hurt," he continues, Leone stays still, there, waiting for him to continue. Bruno breathes in, slowly, then says, "but, frustration and stress aren't an excuse for what you did. We are in the Mafia but, we don't really work my it's standards. Right now, you just ruined a human life, you can't justify yourself for anything, not even for what you've been going through." He explains to Leone, Leone doesn't seem to be moved.

"If you wanted to have sex, there are people who are willingly going to accept your offer, I did state that you can't bring non authorized people over here, but you can do what you please outside. If you wanted to beat and torture people, you know that there are people in Passione needed to be interrogated, using violence, you could have gone there." Bruno tells him, seemingly with a broken voice. He hated how women have been being treated, like toys and nothing more.

Bruno moves his vision from the table to Leone's face. "You just raped a girl, a sixteen years old girl, you ruined her." He States, frustration evident in his voice. "Physical scars and marks are easy to heal, but the mental ones,  what are we supposed to do about that? I couldn't look at her, I've seen beaten up women before, but never have I seen this; a woman beaten by a man of mine, not even for any sort of valid purpose, just for release. You're a grown up man, you should know about these kind of arguments be better than anybody else because of your past." He tells to him, his voice portraitng a lack of confidence, not being able to keep his composure.

"What if, I did that to your sister- cousin, nephew- Mother! How would you react?!" He stands up, looking down at Leone with frustration. Leone's eyes twitch a bit but he stays silent.

Bruno slams a fist into the desk. He says, a bit louder, "What you did was childish, She didn't even do the slightest to you! You're the one who mistreated her in the first place, am I wrong?" Bruno completely looses his composure, Leone doesn't reply and it pisses Bruno off. "Reply when I ask questions, AM I WRONG?!" he almost screams at him. Leone sighs, shaking his head and closing his eyes. Bruno slams both of his fists, threatening to break the table because of anger, he wouldn't go this far as to tell at a team member, but he was already stressed because of other stuff.