- Chapter 20 -

A soothering sound, one that made you want to sleep forever and just relax... one that made your mind go places...

The rain. 

You woke up but you didn't feel like opening your eyes, you just wanted to listen to the sweet sound of the light droplets of water falling on leaves, grass and trees. On top of such a sound, you could hear the slow and steady heartbeat and the quiet breathing of someone. 

You could feel warmth gently wrapping around you, making you feel safe. Strong yet soft arms around your waist, pulling you closer, warming you up rather than being cold on such rainy day.

You had no idea what time it was, and there was no sun to indicate to you if it was morning or midnight, you had no idea.

But did it matter?

You slowly open your eyes and stare at the peaceful expression just centimetres in front of yours. You were greeted with the godlike beauty that you came to love and fall to. The more you look at Giorno's face the more imperfections you could spot. From small scars to small, almost invisible freckles on his nose and cheeks...

But who said that those are imperfections?

They made him look even more perfect for your eyes. You slowly leaned in, giving a slight, yet, loving kiss on his soft, rosy lips. 

"Gio... thank you... so much" You couldn't help but whisper to him, knowing that he wouldn't hear you. This boy- no, this man helped you so many times, you couldn't thank him enough.

You slowly unwrapped his arms from around your waist, taking his hand in yours, gently kissing it before slowly getting up, doing your best to not disturb him, and you walk to the closed, pulling out a sweater as to not feel cold and you put your hair in a ponytail without combing it, you'll do that later.

You open the door and slowly walk out the room, closing the door when you were done.

Everything seemed quiet, no one is awake and you decide to go down the stairs into the living room and sit there for a bit, you weren't sure what you wanted to do but that will come when you get there.

You walk down the stairs, paying attention to not make any sound as to not disturb anybody. As you get to the bottom of the stairs you hear someone, a sigh.

You weren't sure if you wanted to disturb whoever was there but you went into the living room none the less and here he was.

Fugo is sitting on one of the four present couches with a vintage crimson book cover but nothing was written on it. He would hum here and there which explained the noise that you heard.

The room is mostly silent and it seemed like Fugo didn't notice your presence as he seemed mostly concentrated on his book, was is that interesting? You wonder as you walked towards him.

He glanced towards your direction when he hears your soft footsteps. He looks alarmed at the beginning but then relaxes as he recognises you.

"Hey there, (Y/N). How come you're up this early? Can't sleep?" He asks, smiling to you as he pats the spot next to him. You chuckle and sit down then say, "What hour is it? I can't tell, I just woke up out of nowhere. How come you're up this early?" 

"It's almost three in the morning, and sometimes I have those days where I just can't seem to fall asleep so I try to do something in the meantime, like reading." He explained as he waved his book around.

"What is it about?" You curiously ask.

He chuckles and looks down at his lap as he sets the book thee and his smile turns into a rather sad one. You frown.