- Chapter 19 -

You found yourself sitting on an old, dirty bench outside the home, having Fugo and Giorno on your sides. Abbacchio was standing just a few meters away from you to not trigger Fugo, nor Giorno.

The silence was starting to get awkward and you had no idea what, or who, to even look at. Giorno had his arms crossed and a leg elegantly laying on top of the other as he just closed his eyes, seemingly reflecting, you were not sure. Fugo looked rather tired, as he put his elbow on his legs and his head on his hand as if he was trying to sleep on it.

Abbacchio had his arms crossed as he just stared at you, which made the whole ordeal even more awkward.

"um... so?" You lightly mutter, not sure how to start a conversation.

Gorno opens his eyes as he slowly reaches his hand towards yours, holding it in a comforting way which made your heartbeat slightly calm at ease.

Abbacchio drops his arms on either side of his body as he sighs.

"I don't know what caused me to do something so stupid to you, I wanted to apologize. I'm not a bad person, this was an... incident... I guess. I don't know what got me at that moment." Abbacchio admits, his voice and attitude hinting that he's genuine. 

Giorno slightly smiles, but Fugoìs eyes widen in surprise. He's rarely seen Abbacchio apologize in such manner, he'd say something like this around Bucciarati and nobody else. 

He has to admit to, aside from his surprise, he's glad. Abbacchio was never the person to talk or explain much so this was an improvement.

"I know that this will sound weird, your energy just reminds me of someone of the past... I bet you can guess who I'm talking about, you know way too much for your good anyway." Abbacchio continues, as if you were alone with him, as if Giorno and Fugo weren't there.

You slightly nod. "I see... but..." your voice trails as you look at the ground, feeling your eyes tear up. 

Neither Giorno nor Fugo do anything, as they both know that this is a good way for you to open up and vent your frustration. 

"I-I know it just─ just sounds dumb b-but─" your voice cracks as you recall the incident, the pain and terror you endured in such a short period filling your mind, you almost didn't notice Giorno squeezing your hand in a comforting but also reassuring way."─For someone who didn't endure it, it'll s-sound dumb─ it'll seem l-like... I'm exaggerating! But it was really─ Really s-scared!" You say as salty droplets fall from your eyes, you cry.

Fugo feels his heartbeat fasten as he recalls his memories, as he was in the same position after all. He knows the pain of being ignored and betrayed by the people that should be the closest to him. He knows the pain of being told, "It's not a big deal, don't be a crybaby" and he knows the pain of feeling like it's your fault... those emotions that you cannot control can change your life and your perspective on so many things. 

He understands, so much it hurts. 

He does not dare to cry, though. He has already cried so many ties he ran out of tears to shed.

All he can do is gently lay a hand on your back, slowly rubbing circles on it. He wants you to know that you aren't alone.

Abbacchio doesn't say a word, he just listens. His experience as a cop gave him an idea of how it must be, of how painful it must be to endure. He could never fully understand though, but he always tried to be empathetic to those suffering people. 

Now he's the cause of the issue.

He indeed has failed as a cop, in all senses.

'Idiot' he tells himself.