2💞

There's a soft knock on his door, he sighs, he really didn't want to talk to anyone but he can't avoid his aunt forever. Yesterday after Jimin and Yoongi dropped him off, he headed straight to his room and fell asleep. He knew his aunt knew something was wrong, come to think of it, when is something not ever wrong with him, he's cursed he's starting to believe.

"Tae?" He hears his aunt tiny worrying voice, he sighed again for the ten thousandth times

"Aunt jiwo come inside."  he mumbled, his voice sounding strangled and small.

His aunt carefully pushed the door stuck in her head first, taking in his state before coming in, looking tired and worried.

Taehyung hates being the cause of her stress and worry, he has been a burden to her for years, she wasn't cut out for a kid at 17.

"Hey" she said gently sitting down on his bed rubbing soothing hand on his leg that was under the blanket.

"Good morning noona" he greeted trying to smile but it probably came out wrong considering the expression on his aunt face.

"Tae,"  she put her face in her hands, head down, probably thinking about what to say. Taehyung just keeps watching her, the sour sadness from her scent which she's tried masking obviously failing, is so strong making him wants to cry, she lifts her head to look at him tears rolling down her cheeks, the sight making his heart breaks "I know things has been hard for you, she breaths out, "I'm not blind, I just wish you can talk to me Tae-I'm" she stopped, watching him with pained eyes,  "I'm your only family Tae, we only have each other, I want to help but I don't know what to do."

"Aunt Jiwo"  Tae sits bringing her into a hug.

"I -I" it's like the word is stuck in her throat, she hugged him tightly, too tightly but taehyung wasn't complaining.
"I feel like I failed you," she continued,
"I f - i feel like I failed my sister" she managed to say crying.

No no no she can't keep thinking like this, he hates when she talks like this.

"Noona" he pulled from the hug to look at her face, he holds her hand trying so hard to smile, "Noona" he called again. "You did not fail me, rather you saved me, I'm here still alive because of you. If not for you I would have died in the deep forest of dagu, I was only 6 noona."  he couldn't stop the tears anymore, his aunt wasn't any better. "You came for me, I was in that storeroom for days thinking my parents were gonna come back for me, but you did instead, you took me in when you didn't have to"  "Tae" his aunt tried but Tae wasnt going to let her continue to put her self down. "You took me in when you had no idea how to raise a child, you were only 17, a teenager, yet that didn't stop you, you loved and accepted me even though you were still grieving your dead mate and sister"

At the mention of her mate, she broke down completely.Aunt jiwo's mate died in a battle few months after they mated. he reach out again and hug her. "You didn't fail her noona, you did what she couldn't, you kept a promise that she couldn't, you saved me" he finished hugging her tightly.

"We saved each other my baby boy", she said cupping his cheeks and wiping his tears. "We saved each other" she repeated smiling with tears all over her face, which made her look funny, Tae couldn't help but reciprocate the smile, he reached out also wiping her tears. "Come on you dummy I made breakfast, it's too early to be wasting my tears on you go clean up, join me in the kitchen when you're done." she stood up and left.

Tae falls back on his bed staring at the dull cracked ceiling, his aunt really was trying her best for him the least he could do is make her proud, he sighs stood up and heads to the bathroom.

Some minutes later he was sitting with her in their tiny kitchen, they just finished their breakfast.

"Ok I'm going to excuse you for today, but Tae you can't keep skipping school  I know it's hard"  she sighs,  "it's worst I can't even do anything about those assholes, if only we had an alpha around to,"-- her voice cracks, she clears it and smiles trying to cover her sadness. "Well good thing is you're seventeen now, meaning you're going to find your mate soon.