New Case

My Detective

Chapter 1: New Case
"So as you may know, the Phantom thief is still on the loose which is why I called you into my office today.." my uncle spoke. He handed me a letter, "This is the last thing the thief left us, I want you to read it and unmask this thief.. We need to arrest this person so they won't harm our society." He spoke sternly. I nodded and took it in my hand, "When did he last strike?" I asked. "Two days ago, we weren't able to uncover the clue so I figured I'd get help from you." He answered. "Wait! Doesn't that mean that he could possibly come today?! I mean, it's already been two days—"

"It's fine, with you here it'll be a lot easier and hopefully you'll be able to find out what this thief wants. I have trust in you." He smiled softly. "I'll be leaving now I guess, thanks for telling me about the case.." I returned the smile. While I was walking, he opened the door for me, "I hope you solve this case, Saihara.. Good luck." He looked at me reassuringly. I stepped out of the door and started walking towards my house. I opened the door to find myself back in my small apartment. It was quite small but comfortable. There were only 3 rooms in the apartment (excluding the bathroom). The bedroom walls were white yet the room was quite small, a bed laid by the corner next to a window as a desk full of books with unknown texts stood ready to show itself. The dim light was the only thing apart from the moonlight shining through the window. Everything in the room seemed cheap, which it was. The bed had a small duvet which was white as well along with only one pillow that barely even had a cover and looked as if it would be destroyed within a day.

I laid onto my bed but knowing that I've got a case to  solve which stressed me out more. Why? I barely got to relax today, that's why. I took off my clothes changing into a bit of an oversized grey shirt and plain boxers. I grabbed my laptop which was on my desk just in case I needed to do some research and started reading the letter.

"Fairy Tales are special and tragic yet they always seem to focus on one main character."

What does that mean? Fairy tales? I mean, the only place which makes me think of fairy tales is the theatre.. Wait.. Focus on one main character? That's right! In every fairy tale and in theatres there's always this main character at the start. So perhaps it's the movie theatre the Phantom thief is after but there's definitely someone else he's after since it did say main character? When is it anyways? My uncle did say that they received it 2 days ago.. Who would know about a theatre that's going to happen soon? Or today? I took my phone and started checking through my contacts putting my laptop back onto my desk knowing I won't really need it anymore. Before I even went onto my contacts, I saw Kaede calling me. That's right! She knows a couple of people and stuff so I should ask her. Raising the phone to my ear, I allowed the words to come out of my mouth. "Hello?" I asked "Shuichi, I'm glad you picked up. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a while?" She asked in curiosity. "If you mean by today then I can't do today since I'm busy right now—"

"No, no! I-I mean, after tomorrow of course! Like, just at the cafe to chat since it's been a while.." She spoke softly. "Yeah, of course I'll go with you. You mean that cafe we used to always go to?" I tilted my head. "Yeah! That one" she answered. "Oh alright, anyways great timing- I need to ask you something."

"What's up?"

"Do you know if there's a theatre happening today or soon?"

"Well, there is one. It's called Rubia Theatre which is happening tomorrow at 8. Do you mind if I ask why?"

"Ah, Uhm I'll tell you later! I need to go now but thanks anyways!"

"Oh alright! Before I go, I'll send you what time we'll go to the cafe too."