two

"It wasn't bullying, it was attempted bullying"

Esme rolled her eyes, leaving against the wall as she listened to her friends panic beside her and James stressed about not being able to find a toilet.

"Girls, I really don't feel great" Clare stated dramatically "I feel sort of shaky and I think my blood sugar is dangerously low"

Esme rolled her eyes, scratching at the side of her wrist.

"Seriously, will you just have a Mars bar?" Erin muttered

"What about Kamal?" Clare asked

"Fuck Kamal" Michelle said with a frown

"Look, whatever happens in there, we have to stick together, okay? We have to back each other up" Clare said, gripping onto her friends.

"Ladies"

"I was there, I admit that, but I didn't do anything. It was Michelle. It was all Michelle. I'm not going down for something I didn't do. If anyone deserves to get punished, it should be Michelle" Clare ranted.

The group fell silent, shaking their heads at Clare's complete contradiction to her earlier words.

"Well, I think it's safe to say we all just lost a bit of respect for you there, Clare"

The girls, and James, nodded in agreement.

"This is just so disappointing, girls.
I mean, threatening a first-year" Sister Michael said, anger lacing her every word.

Esme stood nervously, her stomach filling with anxiety as she scratched at the side of her wrist harshly, the stress of confrontation getting too much for her.

James noticed Esme's actions but decided not to say anything, after all, he'd only known her for not even a full day.

"We didn't threaten her. We're not stupid. Big Mandy's her sister, and she's half fucking gorilla" Michelle spat

"That's quite enough, Miss Mallon" The nun shook her head.

"Aye, you shouldn't swear, Michelle, cos when you swear, Our Lady in heaven, she cries her tears, then make rain" Orla said, making Esme chuckle again. "Isn't that right, Sister Michael?"

"What age are you now, Orla?" Sister Michael asked

"Fifteen" Orla replied

"You might want to think about wising up" Sister Michael mumbled.

The room fell silent, Tina was staring at the desk, bored of the confrontation.