seven

James rushed upstairs after Esme, his body filled with worry

James rushed upstairs after Esme, his body filled with worry. He knew something was up with her, he just didn't want to freak her out because he hadn't known her that long, he just wanted to check that she was okay.

James knocked on the bathroom door, sighing in relief when Esme gently opened the door.

"Esme, what's going on?" He asked

"I get stressed" She said "I get stressed and I don't know what else to do"

"It isn't healthy" James shook his head

Esme sighed, leaning against the bath as she nodded slowly.

"I'll help you, okay?" James said kindly

"How?" She asked

"Whenever you're stressed, you can come and speak to me" James said with a smile "And if we're in public, you can grab my hand and squeeze it as hard as you want"

"You wouldn't mind that?" She asked

"Of course not" James shook his head

-

"What's become of us?" Clare asked

The group were in Erin's back garden and they were digging up Toto's dead body.

"Keep an eye on that kitchen window, you" Erin instructed

"I want no part of this!" Clare said

"Well, you're in too deep now" Erin stated

"You're stealing a body!" Clare said

"Let's just get it over with, and never, ever speak of it again" James said.

The group continued to dig whilst Clare watched them, checking back at the kitchen window ever so often.

"Jesus Christ, my nails are fucking ruined!" Esme whined

"Less talk, more digging" Erin shouted

"I've got something" Orla said

Orla began to pull out a box from the ground, her hands covered in mud as she did so.

"Give it here" Erin said

Erin took the box into her own shaking hands, wiping all the dirt off the lid with heavy breaths.

"Right, me and Michelle go stash it somewhere and the rest of you all fill it back in" Erin said

Suddenly, Peter appeared making the group jump to stand up.

"Open the box, Erin" Peter said

"God!" Erin exclaimed

"Yes, he is with us" Peter said "Do not be afraid, child"

Erin began to open the box as Esme turned, burying her head into James' chest as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Listen, I can expl-" Erin began to say

The group all gasped in shock when Toto's body wasn't in the box, as Erin stared at the box in confusion.

"Oh, no, actually, I can't" Erin said "I can't explain"

"Thanks be to God!" Peter exclaimed

-

The group had moved into Mary's kitchen, crowded around the box that was in the middle of the table.

"I don't understand it" Erin said

"The Lord's work is often difficult to comprehend" Peter said

"No, I mean, I really, really don't understand it" Erin said

Mary played with the thread on her jumper, as everyone glanced at each other in confusion.

"You're right, Father" Mary said "He has risen, it's truly a miracle"

"So what happens now, Peter?" Sarah asked

"Well, I think the next stage is Rome, audience with the big man" Peter said

"Pavarotti!" Orla suggested

"John-Paul II" Gerry said

-

Michelle, Clare, Orla and Erin were all sat outside Sister Michael's office, ready to sit the History exam that they had missed due to the whole "Toto-statue-weeping" incident.

"So he's just gonna pack in the priesthood now, is he?" Michelle asked

"Like, completely?" Clare added

"Well" Erin said "You can't exactly go part-time"

"All because of us" Orla said

"Not all because of us, Orla" Erin said.

The group fell silent. Orla was licking the lollipop she had found, Clare was panicking about the test, Michelle was playing with her rings.

"I mean, a bit because of us" Erin said

The group chuckled.

"But mostly because it turns out he had a connection with one of the colourists in Hair and Flair, who does our Sarah's forwards, by the way" Erin said "And apparently she's a dirty tramp"

Clare rolled her eyes as Michelle chuckled.

"So, you know, good luck with that, Peter" Erin said with a smirk

"At least your ma was all right with dog piss gate" Michelle said "I thought she was gonna go fucking nuts"

"Let me put it this way. I have locked my mother in a cage designed by her own art" Erin said "Oh, she has been well and truly hoist by her own petard"

Michelle frowned "Could you put it another way? I didn't understand a word of that"

"Sort of blackmailing her" Erin said

"Oh, happy days" Michelle said

"God, it's all so mortifying" Clare said

"It'll all blow over soon" Michelle scoffed.

Suddenly, Esme and James walked in with smiles on their faces. James was holding a newspaper in one hand and Esme's hand in his other.

"Alright lovebirds?" Michelle chuckled

James rolled his eyes, throwing the newspaper at Michelle.

"Have you seen this?" He asked

"Jesus Christ!" Erin exclaimed

Wicked Hoax

a local group of students
have been the creators of
a cruel prank on their local
catholic church.

"No, this is good" Michelle said with a slightly chuckle "Wicked" means "good" in England, doesn't it, James"

"But we're not in England, though, are we, Michelle?" Esme muttered

"And my tits look amazing in that top, that's unbelievable" Michelle said

"Well, sure, that's the main thing" Erin scoffed

"Ladies?"