eighteen

The group were walking up the hill, towards the cliff that they had to abseil down

Michelle was walking with Erin, Orla was walking with James and Jon, Clare was walking alone and Esme was walking with Dee.

"So, I guess Erin told you" Dee said

"Yeah" Esme nodded "About what you said about me?"

"Yeah" Dee nodded

There was an awkward silence between the teenagers until Esme turned to him with a sympathetic smile.

"Look, you're a good looking lad" She smiled softly

"I know I am" He joked "I'd like to get to know you better, if you're up for that?"

"Dee, i'm sorry" She said "We don't even know each other"

"That's why I wanna get to know you, Esme" He chuckled "We didn't speak for long yesterday but the looks you were giving me said everything"

"I wasn't giving you any looks" Esme shook her head

"Yeah you were" He smirked

"I don't think I was" Esme said

"Come off it, I know you wanna get to know me too" Dee said

"Dee, I don't want to" Esme said "I'm not interested"

Behind them, Michelle and Erin were walking together, chattering amongst themselves.

"What's wrong with Clare? She hasn't said two words since last night" Erin said

"Well, I'm not complaining" Michelle teased.

James, Jon and Orla were all walking together. It was awkward between them all as James had a pathetic attempt at being a 'lad'.

"I just did it for a laugh" James stated with a deeper voice than usual "The trousers. I'd do anything for a laugh, me. I'm mad like that"

"Right" Jon said.

Esme sighed deeply as she watched James speak to Jon, desperately wanting to speak to him but he'd been acting off with her ever since the night before.

"So, who do you like?" Dee asked

"What?" Esme furrowed her eyebrows

"You wouldn't reject me unless you liked someone else" Dee insisted

Esme sighed, rubbing her head with a frown.

"It's none of your business" Esme nodded, walking off ahead to get herself some space

"All right, there they are" Michelle said as she pointed at Harry and Dee "We need to get Dee so he'll stop pining over Esme"