fourteen

"Not happening"

"Not happening"

The group were stood in front of Sister Michael's desk, wearing lilac shirts and trying to convince the nun to let them print the article about the lesbian.

"But Sister Michael" Erin began to speak but the nun cut her off

"Don't even think about arguing" Sister Michael bellowed "I can't be doing with the Board of Governors getting wind of something like this at the moment"

Esme frowned, Clare's reaction to the article was plaguing her mind.

"They're a thorn in my arse at the best of times" The nun announced "I mean, for God's sake, Erin, what happened to Shoes of the World?"

"This is more important. This is about, you know, gay rights" Erin assured the nun.

Sister Michael frowned, staring down at the newspaper and then back at the teens with raised eyebrows.

"I see" Sister Michael huffed "And I take it that's what the camp shirts are in aid of. A very serious uniform violation, by the way. But let's take one problem at a time, shall we?"

"This isn't a problem, Sister" Erin noted "This is ground-breaking journalism"

"They are not to be distributed tomorrow" The nun insisted "Do I make myself clear?"

"But that's censorship" James argued

"Well done" Sister Michael mocked the english boy "You are correct. You're being censored. Now go"

-

The group left Sister Michael's office and then began their walk home, with Erin grumbling about the whole situation.

James walked beside Esme, frowning slightly at the girls nervous stance and how she was fiddling with the necklace that hung loosely around her neck.

"What's up?" James asked

"What?" Esme replied "Oh, nothing"

"You're lying" James said

"Fine" Esme rolled her eyes "I'm just thinking about Clare"

"Why?" James asked

Esme turned to James, staring up at him with a confused expression plastered on her face.

"Don't you think her reaction to the writing competition was odd?" Esme asked

"Nope, Clare's always been a nervous person" James shrugged