twenty three

The group were stood in Sister Michael's office, staring at the statue that was on the floor

The group were stood in Sister Michael's office, staring at the statue that was on the floor. The head had rolled off, so Erin walked over to pick it up.

"Ok, so we've gone a bit off course here" Erin said

"Let's glue him!" Orla suggested

"Brilliant" Esme said

"We'll just stick it back on. We'll stick it back on, and it'll all be grand" Michelle reassured.

Suddenly, the door swung open and in walked Sister Michael, dressed completely in her judo outfit.

"Jesus, girls! What are you still doing here?" Sister Michael asked "I thought we had an intruder. And I tell you what, he'd have been a sorry boy, for I just nailed some serious moves"

"We were just working on our English project, sister" Erin lied

"Step aside" Sister Michael instructed.

-

The group were stood in Sister Michael's office after she'd called their parents in to discuss the incident that they were all referring to as the "beheading".

"How could you have glued his head on upside down, Orla?" Erin spat "He's wearing a hat, for Christ's sake!"

"Quiet!" Sister Michael shiites.

The door opened and in walked Clare's mum. She shook her head in disgust at her daughter.

"All right, Mary, Sarah, Deirdre" She said "Your girls involved in this beheading too, then?"

"It wasn't me, mammy!" Clare protested

"Do not speak to me, Clare" Mrs Devlin spat "In fact, don't even breathe".

Clare inhaled a deep breath making Michelle smirk lightly at the sight of the struggling girl.

"Is my mammy coming?" Esme asked

"No" Mrs Devlin shook her head "I called on her but she was out like a light, I thought it would be best to leave her be"

"No surprise there, then" Esme mumbled

Esme sighed slightly as James rubbed her arm comfortingly but stopped as soon as Sister Michael began to talk.

"Take a seat, Mrs Devlin" Sister Michael instructed "The statue was stolen from this room, so I've asked Miss Mooney to photograph the scene and either it is replaced, at your expense, or the school will sue"

"To be honest, sister, I think he looks better" Sarah admitted

"He looks like his head's on upside down" Sister Michael said "And I'll be suspending them for a week"

"Please, god! No!" Clare whined

"A week? We're going to be stuck with them for a week?" Mary scoffed