★★Chapter 9★★

Everyday, you tell me the same thing all over again before I leave to school.

"Adrien, stay away from the girls."

Every night I would hear you muttering one name as you sleep.

"Nathalie."

"Nathalie."

You never told me who Nathalie was. All you did was tell me that she broke your heart and that we should forget about her. I did connect the dots though. I'm not stupid, Father.

Adrien woke up at 10:34pm, because today he had slept as soon as he got home from school.

He got off his bed, thoughts filling his mind. Thoughts about Nathalie, but mostly about Marinette.

Hearing some girls tell him that Marinette had paid them to post all those pictures online stung him, though he wasn't even sure if it was true or not.

They were definitely right about one thing. He would have easily believed Marinette, but this had happened to him before and he didn't know what to follow this time.

Just last year. That girl, Lila Rossi, had tried too hard, posting and photoshopping pictures, posting them online, sending them to other girls to tell them to back off. Soon Adrien had heard of it, and he had held a press conference, telling everyone that the pictures were fake and that Lila was just a liar.

He was scared. He didn't want it to be true about Marinette. He was actually beginning to like her as a friend, beginning to be comfortable around her.

But what if all her stories were fake? What if she was only wanting to get his sympathy? What if she had only said she didn't want to see her adoptive parents anymore just so he could suggest for her to live with him?

If that was true, then she had almost succeeded.

Maybe Father was right and I should just keep away from all girls. If I do, not so much drama would enter my life.

But he was still curious to find out more about Nathalie. He had heard that Nathalie Sancoeur was a businesswoman. He had even seen her about two times when he was driving back home.

"Gorilla, let's go. I need to leave to have a talk with Emilie Dawson," He heard his father say. As soon as Adrien heard those words, he let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry about Adrien. He's still asleep," Gabriel continued. "I trust that he wouldn't do anything rash."

Well, Father, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Today, it's a time I become a bad son and snoop around a bit.

Soon he heard the door closing and he knew his father and Gorilla had left the mansion. He got out of his room and walked downstairs, just making sure that his father and his bodyguard had really left. Once he was sure, he headed back upstairs.

He opened Gabriel's bedroom door and stepped inside. Then he turned on the lights and looked around.

He had been in his father's bedroom before, about 8 times, but soon his father abandoned him from coming into his room, so it felt like the first time once he stepped inside.

I'm sorry I have to disobey you, Father.

Adrien took a deep breath and went further inside the room. It was finally time to search around and find out who this Nathalie was to Gabriel.

He started with the drawers, opening them and searching for anything that would help him know who Nathalie really was. He found a photo album, similar to the one he had in his room. He took it out and opened it.