☆☆Chapter 22☆☆

"By the way. . . How come you don't have a bodyguard?"

Marinette looked up at the question Adrien asked. "Well .. . I just feel like I can do everything by myself. I have my own car, pay for everything I need. . . I don't need anyone's help."

"I didn't exactly want a bodyguard in the beginning," Adrien started. "I thought I wouldn't need one, but when my father saw how many females and fans were coming after me, he hired Gorilla here. Have to say, it isn't so bad to have him around."

Marinette smiled a little. "I wish my parents were as caring as your father."

When she said those words, Adrien seemed to look down with a sort of scared look on his face. Marinette asked if he was okay, but he only brushed if off, saying that he was.

Marinette sighed, staring at her fingers. "Sometimes I wonder who my real parents are, and I always wonder why they would leave me to be with those evil and pathetic excuse for parents."

"I'm sure whomever are your real parents cares very deeply about you," Adrien spoke. "And whatever reason they had to leave you, I'm sure they're starting to regret it now."

"Thanks, but I'm not so sure anymore."

They reached the mall and Marinette climbed off the limo. "Thanks again for the ride, Adrien." She could tell people were watching her, and she started getting worried that some were taking pictures as well. She should have been more careful.

As soon as she turned around, a bunch of little girls started circling around her, each holding a paper and a pen, and saying the same words over and over.

"Marinette, can you please give us an autograph?"

"We love all your songs, Marinette. You're amazing. I want to be just like you!"

"Marinette, we love you!!"

Marinette sighed. There was no way she could say no to these cute little girls. Bending down she took a pen from one of the girls and started scribbling her name on each papers in her neatest handwriting.

"Thank you so much, Marinette."

"You're the best!"

Marinette watched as they ran away to where they came from, before she finally started heading inside the mall.

She had told herself that she needed more clothes especially for school, and that was what she mostly came here for. She started walking over to the girls section, going through the nice beautiful clothes they had.

She grabbed a fitted turtleneck, before turning her attention to a short flared skirt. Before she could move onto another clothe, some girls caught her attention.

Alison, Chloe, Savannah and another girl Marinette didn't know that well were sitting, testing out some couple of shoes. The girls didn't seem to notice her as she walked a bit closer to them. She had decided to ignore them, as it wouldn't be a good thing to get herself in trouble with these girls, but she couldn't help it, as she had heard her name fall out of the lips of one of the girls.

Marinette hid though, so they wouldn't see her. She then listened closely to what they were talking about.

"I swear, she almost didn't sign me up," Savannah was saying.

"Geez, I can't believe Marinette would do that. I mean, sure she's Gabriel's assistant, but she doesn't have the right to decide who signs up for the competition," Alison rolled her eyes. "Her not almost signing you up is just such a low move."

"Whatever," Savannah laughed. "She must have thought that I would be a huge threat to her. She must have thought that I would win the competition, which I will. That's probably why she didn't want to sign me up. I had to convince her to sign me up, which was totes not fair!"