☆☆Chapter 46☆☆

Everyone gathered around outside at what seemed to be a party going on. There were a lot of decorations, foods, drinks, and fun activities to do.

Mr. Krause, Miss. Bustier, and Mrs. Dorris, the teacher of the third class that had come to the trip, all walked over to the front.

"Today, we come together to celebrate the birthdays of 5 students," Mrs. Dorris explained to all of the students that had gathered together. "If I call your name, come up to the front."

Marinette walked up to Alya, a little bit of shame covering her face. "Hey," She gave a little wave at Alya and Alya waved back with the widest smile ever.

I wonder if that huge smile is going to stay up once she finds out that I still don't have a gift for her.

"Ellen Goering," Mrs. Dorris called the first name up. A girl with short black hair started walking up to the front.

"Alya, I have to tell you though... I haven't really found the perfect gift for you..." Marinette started explaining. "I promise when we get back home, I'll give it to..."

"Whoa, whoa whoa, calm down Marinette," Alya chuckled. "What do you mean you haven't given me my gift yet? You gave it to me a few days early."

"What... What's that supposed to mean?"

"Marinette... Throughout these days you've helped me out so much just when I needed someone. You helped us find my little sisters. If you and Adrien had never taken a move, who knew what would have happened," Alya gave her a smaller, meaningful smile. "The gift you've given me is just being my friend and being there for me."

"Awe, Alya," Marinette pulled her into a hug. "You don't have to mention it. You've always been there for me too."

"I know I've been kinda busy with all these things happening to me, so I'm sorry I haven't been giving you the attention you've wanted," Alya hid her face in Marinette's shoulder. "I'm sorry if I've been such a terrible friend."

"Don't say that. Hey, don't lose that smile!" Marinette broke the hug and faced her again. "Today is your birthday, be happy!"

"Stephanie Clement," Mrs. Dorris called the next name, which surprised both Alya and Marinette.

"I never knew today was her birthday as well," Marinette caressed her jaw.

"Yes, of course it is," Bette suddenly showed up out nowhere. "She's been talking non-stop about how she's so excited for today. She's the one who suggested to the adults that they hold a party, and because today is basically going to be our last night here, the adults agreed."

Marinette didn't speak, because she still had the idea to talk to Bette about what she released on Lady-Blog. Sure, some part of her thought it had something to do with Amelie as well, but she had a feeling Bette was in it.

Bette was practically the best at getting and spreading someone's secrets, and then next was Alison. Alison was only the leader of Rumor Girls because she created it. Bette would go so far just to ruin someone's life with a secret.

Bette might have came back after she ran away in the woods. She might have came back, saw them kissing and took a picture of it. Still... Marinette wasn't sure on why the pictures and video was recorded in Amelie's phone.

"Alya Cèsaire!"

Marinette cheered for her friend as Alya walked up to the front with the brightest smile. She intended to forget what she was thinking about, but seeing Amelie together with Clara and Celia made the thought come back.

Amelie always seemed to know what Marinette wanted. Her stomach churned with a bad feeling. Marinette had told Amelie that she may like Adrien, and Amelie had given her the idea to hang out with him to see.