☆☆Chapter 48☆☆

< Saturday >

"Why?"

Nathalie looked up from the bed. She looked at Gabriel straight in the eyes before she turned away again. "I'm sorry. I just can't."

"That's not fair, Nathalie!" Gabriel growled. He took a step away from her, feeling confused and betrayed. "Why are you suddenly changing your mind."

Nathalie pushed her hair back behind her ear, afraid that whatever she would say would come off wrong. The cries of the little baby she had just given birth to filled the room, nurses trying to calm him down.

Nathalie shifted uncomfortably on the white bed, trying to find the perfect words to use. "I change my mind. I don't want him anymore."

"That's what you said in the beginning!" Gabriel didn't want to raise his voice, but his anger was visible on his face. He looked like he wanted to punch a wall, but Nathalie could tell he was trying to control it. "I want to know why!"

"I don't want to be a mother!" Nathalie cried out. "I... I regret everything. I shouldn't have given birth."

"That's not..."

"I know I've already done it, but maybe you could get rid of the baby somehow," Nathalie continued, not letting him speak. "I realized that there are so many things in life I want to do and being a mother is going to get between those things."

"You're lying!"

"No, I'm not. Besides... He's a boy. I wanted a girl. Girls are easier to handle, you know?" Nathalie looked away for the 4th time. "You decide what you want to do. Either keep the baby, or...don't keep the baby. Just pretend that this never happened."

"How can you tell me to act like it never happened?!" Gabriel yelled, not meaning to. "What's your actual excuse?!"

"Gabriel..."

"What about us?!"

Nathalie hugged herself, not looking at him anymore. She licked her lip and spoke. "Lets get a divorce."

"What are you looking at?!"

Nathalie quickly slammed the picture frame down on her desk, before she whirled around on her chair to face Emilie. "Nothing."

"Why were you looking at a picture of you and Gabriel?" Emilie asked with a mocking smile. "Don't tell me you still miss him. What about your little Austin? Is he not giving you enough?!"

Nathalie looked away with a moue look on her face. "No, I don't still have feelings for Gabriel. After all, I am the one who asked for a divorce."

"You're probably regretting doing it, especially seeing him with another woman, huh?"

"Don't act like a bitch," Nathalie scowled. "Besides, I've always wanted to ask how you were doing since you found out that your ex-husband is now together with me."

"Now look who's acting like a bitch," Emilie laughed. "Why would you think I still care for that rascal?! I mean, come on, do you know how many times he's come to me asking for a second chance? And do you know how many times I've said no? Besides, the reason I ended it with Austin was because he cheated on me. Who knows? He could be cheating on you right now."

Nathalie opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it as she had nothing to say. Emilie could tell she got her, and it left a satisfying look on her face.

"Anyway, the reason why I came to you was Gabriel needed a few women that can model some of his designs for him, and you seem like the perfect model. Care to join?" Emilie raised her eyebrows, waiting for Nathalie to answer.