☆☆Chapter 14☆☆

"Marinette, no! Stay here! Don't go anywhere!"

Marinette didn't listen. She ran up to the woman that was leaving. She wrapped her little arms around the woman's leg as if her life depended on it.

"Don't. . . Go. . ."

The woman bent down and picked her up, as if giving her one last hug. She then walked back to the curly blonde-haired woman that had been calling for Marinette.

"I'm sorry I have to leave her with you." She handed Marinette over to Mrs. Curly Blonde, before turning away. "Marinette, maybe in the future we'll meet again, but don't let this ever bring you down. Promise me you'll try your hardest to succeed in life?"

Marinette stared at the woman hard. She looked like she was about to cry. She wiped her eyes, taking a huge sniff, then she looked up again, only to see that the woman was gone.

"I. . . Pro . . .mise!"

"Marinette, are you okay?"

Marinette snapped back to reality. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." She wasn't even sure on who had asked the question as she was looking to the floor.

"Well, Marinette said she enjoyed your pastries so much, and she wants to taste more," Adrien exclaimed. "Isn't that right, Marinette?"

"Yeah, yeah, totally!" Marinette's eyes brightened. "Adrien brought me some of your croissants and they were amazing!"

Sabine chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you loved them. I can make some more right now if you want."

"Only if it's not too much trouble for you," Marinette nodded. She tried not to think anymore about her past, about how her biological mother had left her. It only made her sadder, but it made her think too much, and right now she didn't want that.

Marinette walked inside the kitchen with Sabine to help her with making the pastries, while Adrien and Tom stayed behind.

Tom chuckled. "So, tell me, son. How did you ask her out?"

"W-what?" Adrien turned to Tom with a confused look on his face.

"Marinette. Aren't you two together?"

"Oh no, we're not," Adrien turned the other way. "If you heard that from someone or online, then it's just a rumor that these girls at school started."

"So then what about you?" Tom asked. "How do you really feel about her?"

"I just. . . She's just a friend," Adrien muttered. "Besides, even if I liked her, there is no chance I would end up with her. First of all, my father has literally stopped me from seeing her, so being here with her is just me disobeying him. Second of all, she doesn't like anyone!"

"Oh, I see," Tom nodded. "She. . . Sort of reminds of someone. Someone from a long while ago." Then he sighed as he looked down. "Oh, who am I even kidding. She is that girl. She's grown up now."

"What?"

"Sabine and I have been secretly looking after her to make sure she was okay. We never know what goes on in the house with her adoptive parents, but when ever she comes out, she always seems to have a smile on her face, and it's enough to make us feel relieved," Tom muttered, still looking down at the floor.

"One day, I caught her crying on the bench and I wanted to go to her, but something just made me stop," He said, this time louder. "I wanted to see if she was okay, but something was stopping me. Once I saw you go to her, once I saw her go inside your limo, I felt a little relieved that she was getting help, but there was still a hole inside me."