Chapter 3: New Student

"Cole Robert Brock may you please head to the principals office. The principal is asking for your presence." Mrs. Alabi read out, before stuffing the paper away. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly stood up, grabbing my bag in the process.

I flung it over my shoulder and began walking towards the entrance, being tripped a few times. Mrs. Alabi gestured me out before shutting the door after me. What could he possibly want with me? I thought to my self as I began heading in the office's direction.

...

I quietly knocked on the white-ish covered door before I opened it a little. I walked in and quietly shut it after me, all eyes in the room now adjusting on me. There was a woman with long brown hair and green, eyes as well as.. the beautiful male who helped me the day before.

"Hello Cole. This is our new student Brennen Taylor. It'd be wonderful if you were to show him around ." Mr. Duninghal announced and I nodded slowly. Mrs. Taylor I assume smiled lightly and Brennen stood up from his chair.

He kissed his mom on the cheek before grabbing his bag and walking past me, opening the door and walking out. I walked after him, quietly closing the door.

"Hello again." Brennen, as I've learned, smirked as he looked down at me. I blushed lightly at how close we were making him chuckle and back up a bit. "Brennen Taylor." He introduced putting out his hand.

I flinched a bit before slowly shaking it. "C-Colby Brock. I prefer Colby more t-than Cole though." I introduced as well. He smiled lightly and nodded before beginning to walk, his soft touch leaving my hand.

"Would you l-like me to show you to your locker?" I asked quietly and he shrugged. "Only if it gets me to skip some classes." He joked making me laugh lightly. This might be a chance for me to make another friend. Hopefully I don't mess up.

-

After showing Brennen around, I learned a few things about him. He's sporty, that's for sure, he was popular in his former school, and lives with his mom and brother as well.

We're now heading to the cafeteria and thankfully there's no sign of Sam and his goons. Yet. We enter through the cafeteria doors and all eyes are on Brennen. Girls start puffing up their hair and start pulling down their shirts showing more skin.

I begin walking to the back of the cafeteria and sat down. Brennen sat across me and pulled out his lunch. "Don't you have any friends?" Brennen asked suddenly but I can notice he meant it in a much nicer way.

"Well, I-I have one friend but she mostly hangs with her jock boyfriend." I replied quietly and pulled out my lunch as well. I began eating silently when I noticed Brennen staring at me.

"I-Is there something wrong?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. He just shook his head and asked "Do you always sit alone?" I nodded slowly and stayed silent.

Eventually, the school bell rang and student began exiting the cafeteria. I stood up and threw away my trash before waiting for Brennen. Once he was done, he stood up as well and threw away his trash.

We began walking out the cafeteria, when Brennen was called over. I sighed realizing it was Corey and the rest. "I'll be back." Brennen said before walking over. I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets and continued walking to class.

->Time Skip<-

I walk on the sidewalk finally arriving home, when I noticed a moving truck a building across from us. I spotted Brennen who waved to me smiling. I chuckled a bit and he jogged over.

"Hello neighbor." Brennen laughed making me smile slightly. "Hey." I replied, when Gage called for me. "I-I better h-head inside." I stuttered a bit making Brennen furrow his eyebrows.

"Okay. Well see ya tomorrow." He waved before crossing the street again to his home. I took in a deep breath and entered the house, quickly being pulled inside. "Who the fuck was that?" Gage asked smacking the back of my head.

"H-He's a f-friend." I replied quietly. Gage would never hurt mom. That's why he hits me but when mom isn't home, that's when I truly get it. "Friend aye?" Gage laughed before his fist came in contact with my jaw.

"Come on little bro. Show me what you got." Gage said before swinging at me. I was able to dodge this but who knows what was more to come. "G-Gage please." I plead, shielding my face as I coward away.

"Pathetic." He spat and kneed me in the stomach, resulting in me stumbling down. I clutched my stomach in pain, whimpers of pain clearly being heard. Suddenly, Gage got a phone call giving me time to escape.

I painfully stood up and stumbled up the stairs. I entered my room and locked the door, holding my stomach. I shakily lifted my shirt as I looked in the body mirror. Surely a bruise was going to form.

I sighed and placed my bag down before heading into the shower. I wonder how tomorrow'll be. Yet I'm dreading it.

->A/N<-
886 words