Chapter 6: Monday

I walk into hell - I mean school and head to my locker, needing to place my unneeded books away. I've been taking too many books with me that I don't even need, and now that I think about it, it's pretty stupid.

I sighed in relief of two things. One, Sam and his goons are no where to be spotted, and two, I finally got those damn books out of my bag. I shut my locker and was about to head to class, when my wrist was caught and I was gently pulled into someone's chest.

I gasped lightly and looked up to realize it was just Brennen. "You scared me." I said blushing lightly at how close we are. "Is that so?" Brennen said, acting all innocent. I playfully rolled my eyes and squeaked once he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Can I get my morning kiss now?" Brennen asked making me blush madly. He chuckled and lifted my chin so I was now looking up at him. He raised an eyebrow waiting for my answer, and I slowly nodded.

He smiled amused as he leaned in and I closed my eyes, waiting for the tingling feeling to return. His lips eventually met mine and he kissed me passionately as we stand in the now empty hall.

I kissed back, for some reason enjoying it, when I we hear some footsteps. Brennen has been all lovey dovey and a bit flirty after we first kissed as well as the day after when we all went out for a nice lunch. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm not complaining..

We pulled away, breaking the kiss and looked over to see Sam and his goons. Yet Sam seemed pissed off as he glared daggers at Brennen. I ignored it and gently pushed Brennen away, standing next to him. "Brennen l-let's go." I stuttered a little and gently grabbed his hand, trying to pull him away but he didn't budge.

He glared back at Sam and the others as they slowly approached. "Brennen please." I whispered, finally catching his attention. "Let's go." I whispered again, and his face softened. He sighed and nodded before we walked off.

Thankfully, we had the two classes together but then we have to split until lunch hour. Yet I'm trying not to think about that. He smiled down at me, interwhining our finger together making me blush. I really have to stop blushing.

We walked into class, receiving a little lecture from the teacher for being late, before we headed to the back. Brennen switched with this other guy and sat down, closing the chair closest to me.

-

I head into the cafeteria hurriedly, scanning the place for Brennen until I found him at the usual table I sit at. I smiled a bit and begin walking over, when I spotted Corey heading my way.

I turned around and spotted Jake also walking towards me. I gulped a little and pushed past some of the other students, managing to blend in between them. Some students rarely sat for they're too energetic, so I was able to hide in between.

->Sam's Point Of View<-

I watch as Colby hides in between some of the students before slipping out the back and beginning to head over to Brennen. I growled lightly and sprinted after him, managing to get to him before it was too late.

I grabbed Colby and swiftly hid behind a wall, pinning him to it. He whimpered and squirmed but I just put more pressure on him. "Stop moving before I beat the shit out of you." I snarled and he shook in fear.

"P-Please let me g-go Sam." He pled as he looked into my eyes in fear and desperation. "Break up with Brennen." I said through gritted teeth, making him frown lightly. "N-No. A-And why would y-you care if I didn't?" He stuttered lightly and tried pushing me away.

"Because he doesn't even like you." I blurted and Colby stopped, looking at me shocked. "Y-you're lying." He whispered and shook his head. "He said it himself Colby. He's just using you." I lied, rolling my eyes to keep up the act.

The truth is, I'm in love with Colby. That's right. I love him. And I regret ever laying a hand on him like that. I want to start over. Yet I'm too much of a coward, knowing he'll just reject me.

I've bullied him for the past three years and I broke our friendship. A friendship that I miss more than anything. But he'd never agree after what I've put him through. So I just have to keep up the bad boy reputation.

It pains me that I have to hurt him but I don't know what to do. He's been with me through everything and I let that all go.

I stared into Colby's eyes, guilt probably plastered on my face now. "I.. I'm sorry." I whispered and pushed away before running off.

->A/N<-
842 words