Chapter 14: Sammy Sunday

"Hey mom." I said a little cheery as I walk into the living room where she was seated. "Hey hun, come sit down." She smiled lightly, patting the seat next to her. I walked over, giving a small smile as well before sitting down.

"What's up?" I asked still a little happy, the thought of Sam roaming my head. "Well, I just wanted to apologize for not being around you and your bother so much." She sighed as she looked at me guiltily.

"It's the meetings and the late night shifts it's-" "Mom. It's okay. Really. I know how hard you've been working and I get it. Don't apologize." I said assuringly as I hug her tightly.

She hugged me back and rubbed my back in comfort. "Thanks hun. I'm glad you understand. I'll try to make more time for the both of you." She smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Now head off." She chuckled, noticing my slight urge to leave. I laughed lightly and stood up before slipping on my shoes. "Oh! I forgot to ask. Is it alright if I meet up with Sam and Brennen? I asked hopeful making her chuckle again.

"Sure. But please be careful." She said a little worried and I nodded assuringly. I slipped on my other shoe and hurried out of the house, heading to the park. Now, both Sam and Brennen don't know they'll both be there, so I wonder how things'll escalate.

-
I walked through the park gates, beaming a little once seeing Sam already there. "Hey baby." He smiled brightly as he walked towards me, arms out. "Hello." I smiled and sunk into them as we hugged tightly.

"I missed you." He mumbled making me chuckle. "I saw you yesterday." I replied, pulling away to look at him. "Still." He pouted making me chuckle again.

"Brennen'll be coming soon-" "What?!" Sam exclaimed as he looked at me in shock. I giggled nervously making him glare at me a little. "Hey Colbs- nope." I heard and looked behind to see Brennen stomping away.

I ran after him and grabbed his arm before pulling towards Sam who was sighing in annoyance. "Colby!" Brennen whined making me playfully roll my eyes. "Stop being big babies and greet each other!" I demanded making them both sigh.

"Hey Sam." Brennen tried but Sam ignored him making me frown. "We can't possibly get along if he's going to be a bitch about it." Brennen groaned making Sam growl a little.

"I'm leaving then." I huffed and began walking away, when arms wrapped around my waist, stopping me. "Stay." Sam whispered making me sigh and stay silent. "Fine, I'll try to 'get along' with him." Sam said in defeat making me smile a little.

"But if he even lays a hand on you, I'm throwing hands." He growled a little making me nod and smile. We walked back to Brennen and sat down on one of the picnic tables I used to study on.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I asked curious to what ideas they may have in mind. "We're going to explore an abandoned building I found a few days ago." Sam said and my eyes widened.

"I'm down." Brennen shrugged and I stared at him dumb-found. "You m-must be joking. R-Right?" I stuttered as I back away lightly. I'm one to explore but abandoned places freak me out,

"Nope. Let's go." Sam said before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. "Sam put me down!" I yelped making him chuckle. Brennen walked by him, laughing at me making me pout as I stopped struggling.

I have a feeling something is going to happen. And it isn't something good..