Chapter 16: Bruises

I walk into school, heading straight to my locker as I hide my face with my hood a little. People, as usual, sent loathing stares and snickers my way as I, as usual, try to block them out.

I sigh painfully and open my locker after putting my memorized code in, and placed my things inside. I let out another dread-filled sigh and shut my locker, laying my head against it as I calm myself a little.

"Colby?" I heard a voice say, making me jump. I quickly moved away and began walking in the other direction, not wanting to chat at the moment. My wrist was suddenly caught and I was pinned against the lockers, not to harshly.

I sigh, still looking down as I try to avoid Sam's concern-filled eyes. "What's up?" He asked, noticing my uneasiness. "N-Nothing. I have to get to class." I replied, trying to move him away but he just pushed me back.

"Colby look at me." Sam demanded, and now the halls were officially empty of sick minded students. I kept my gaze on the floor, not daring to look him in the eyes. At least not right now.

"Colby look at me." He said again, a little harsher than before, and lifted my chin so I was looking at him straight in the eye. Anger slowly filled his eyes as they darkened, and he slammed his fists on either side of my head making me flinch a little.

"Who did this to you?" He asked as he observed every bruise that was formed on my face. Yet he didn't know what was hidden beneath my hoodie. "Colby who did this to you?!" Sam yelled in fury once I didn't answer.

"J-Jake and Corey." I whispered, as a tear slipped down my face. The pain was something I had never gone through before. They've taken it to the extreme this time and a hint of guilt didn't appear on their faces after every punch or kick they threw at me.

"Son of a-" "Sam n-no. Please." I whispered, stopping him from stomping away, knowing what he was going to do. He looked back at me in anger but his face softened seeing another tear rolling down my face. "They'll only hurt me m-more. I-I need you right now. Please." I whispered again, looking up at him in hope he'd stay.

He sighed in defeat, yet I could still see the anger and hatred in his eyes. He gently walked back to me and carefully wiped my tears away.

-
I sit on the bleachers, staring into the distance, when I heard little crunches of leaves being crushed by someone's quiet footsteps. I looked over, seeing Sam. "Hey." He smiled lightly and walked up the few stairs before sitting down next to me.

"H-Hey." I smiled back, weakly, and puckered my lips a little making him chuckle. He placed a loving kiss on my lips, making me smile a little brighter. He pulled me closer to him, making me wince when he accidentally touched one of my bruises, yet he didn't notice thankfully.

Eventually we broke the kiss and Sam pulled me into a gentle hug as I sunk into his loving arms. He wrapped them around me tightly and laid his head on mine, which was laid on his shoulder.

"When will people ever stop hating on me?" I wondered quietly as I stared off into the distance watching as some students sat in a circle on the bright green grass, doing who knows what. "When will they stop throwing hate and harm at me?" I said again, feeling tears burning my eyes.

Sam sighed, and rubbed my arm placing a kiss on my forehead. "Don't think about it right now. There's people out there who love you more than you could ever imagine. And I'm one of them. Don't ever doubt that." Sam spoke up as I listened to his soft voice.

"I might have fucked up bad in the past but I'm trying to change. Yet there's one thing I never want to change. Being with you. I love you more than ever and hopefully one day I'll be kneeling down, proposing to the love of my life. Which is you. I want to live my life with you forever because you are who I love. And who I'll always love." Sam said again, looking down at me. I could tell he meant every word. I could see it in his eyes.

Tears were now streaming down my cheeks. I slowly looked up at Sam before hugging him tightly and sobbing into his chest. "I love you Colby. So much." He whispered, hugging me tightly as I try to cherish every moment I spend with him.

I too want to live my life with him forever. Forever and always.