Chapter 13: Who I Want

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling as I wait. I'm not sure what for though. I'm just.. waiting. Maybe waiting for my happiness to slowly drain or waiting for more dread to slowly fill me. Mom was as usual out at work and Gage is out with his friends.

Then there's me. Laying limply in bed as I dwell over the break up. But I'm the one who broke up with Sam. Not him. Yet I still feel sad about it. I love him more than anything but I want him to truly be happy.

I heard the house door open, assuming it was mom coming home from work soon. I heard footsteps descending the stairs until a knock was heard at my door. "Yea?" I called, trying to cover up the fact that I'm crying. Hell, balling my eyes out.

I heard silence before the door was pushed open and in came the last person I need to see. Sam. I sat up slowly about to walk into the bathroom. Seeing him here breaks me even more than I already am. He caught up to me and grabbed me before dragging me to the bed.

"S-Sam please, let go." I snifled and tugged at my hands in which held tightly. "No." He said sternly. He sat down at sat me next to him before lifting up my chin using his two fingers. "W-What did I do wrong?" Sam finally asked, guilt clear in his voice.

I looked back down, more tears rolling down my face. "Colby, love, what did I do?" Sam asked in sadness as he held my hands with his soft ones. "N-Nothing." I whispered and shut my eyes tightly, trying to keep the tears in, and opening them back up.

"Then why'd you break up with me? W-Why'd you leave me?" He asked as tears brimmed his ocean blue eyes as well. "Cause I'm n-not good enough for you!" I sobbed out as I cried into my hands, finally managing to slip them out of his light grasp.

He sighed and leaned back before looking at me. "Colby, baby, look at me." Sam said as he tore my hands away and placed his hands on my cheeks as he wiped away my tears. But they were only replaced by more.

"Colby you're all I need and all I'll ever need. You're more than enough for me. I love you for you and there's not one flaw I can find in your body. You're precious in my eyes and I don't give a fuck what the others think of you. Neither should you. You are who I want. Not some 'hot chick' everyone wants and expects me to be with. I love you." Sam said softly as he lifted my chin.

He slowly leaned in and placed a tender kiss on my lips, keeping his light grasp on my chin. He kissed me once more, softly, before pulling away and staring into my eyes. "Take me back. I want to be with you. And only you." He whispered as he wiped my tears.

I sniffled and hugged him tightly, as my body shook from every sob I hold in. He instantly wrapped his arms around me, warmth and comfort instantly filling me. This is where I want to be. And this is who I want to be with.

"Never doubt my love for you. Never." Sam whispered, placing a loving kiss on my forehead.