Chapter 9: Ill

I sit in the cafeteria eating silently as a sigh escapes my lips. Brennen couldn't make it today and Devyn had to travel for a few days, so I'm all alone. But I was wrong.

I spotted Jake and Corey walking towards my table, a smirk plastered on their taunting faces. "Hey emo." Corey grinned and I stiffened. "H-Hey." I said standing up, about to head away.

"Where you going so soon?" Jake asked as he pushed me back, him and Corey now circling me. "Please, I just w-want to head to class." I plead quietly making them chuckle.

"Sure. Just take this with you." Corey smirked and raised his fist, about to hit me. I shielded my face waiting for the impact, when I heard a thud and a small groan. I opened my eyes and unshield my face to see Sam standing in front of me protectively as Corey groans on the ground.

"Dude what the hell?" Jake snapped as he helped Corey up who stretched is jaw around. "Don't mess with him anymore. I'm sick of hurting him. It's either you leave him or alone or I'll make your life a living hell." Sam spat.

"Whatever man." Jake sighed before he and Corey walked off. Sam turned towards me, eyes a little dark making me shiver. "You okay?" Sam asked as he gently grabbed my chin, inspecting my face for any bruises.

"Y-Yea. Thank you." I said looking up at him. He sent a small smile and nodded before letting go of my chin. "I'm pretty sure I just lost my friends. Would you mind some company?" Sam asked hopeful but I still couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"I-I'm sorry. I have to go." I said before grabbing my bag and running off. I feel bad for just leaving him but I needed some space and felt a little nauseous. I hurried into the bathroom and into one of the stalls before spilling my guts into the toilet.

I coughed and grabbed some toilet paper before shakily standing up. I walked towards the sink and washed off before looking at myself in the mirror. I looked oddly pale and had a runny nose. I think I might be sick.

I splashed water on my face, trying to cool off. I rinsed my mouth, getting the taste of puke out of my mouth. With that, I headed out the bathroom and to my next class, not caring if I'm earlier than usual.

->Back At Home<-

I stumble into the house, feeling really dizzy and pained. "Colby?" Gage questioned when suddenly I dropped to the ground. "Oh shit." Gage mumbled before quickly running over.

"Yo you okay?" He asked turning me over slowly, seeing my pale face. "Shit shit." He mumbled panicked before picking me up. I shivered and clutched his shirt, still not knowing who that really was.

I was brought upstairs and laid down on the bed as Gage paced around. "G-Gage." I groaned, my eyes finally adjusting to his figure. "Call B-Brennen." I coughed out, suddenly feeling the need to throw up again.

I stumbled out of bed and into the bathroom before puking in the toilet. Gage groaned and grabbed my phone before scrolling through my contacts. I heard a few chattering before he hung up and walked over.

"Gross." He said scrunching his face in disgust. "Do I need to call mom?" He asked but I shook my head no. "N-No. I-I'm fine." I coughed before throwing up again. I appreciated his slight concern about me but I really couldn't focus.

I heard hurried footsteps before the room door was swung open. "Oh babe." Brennen coed making Gage raise an eyebrow. Brennen walked over to me and helped me clean up before taking me back to bed.

Gage eventually walked out leaving only Brennen and I. Brennen handed me a spoon of some liquid medicine which I quickly gulped down, just wanting to feel better already. He walked to my closet and grabbed a hoodie before walking back to me.

He stripped off my shirt, replacing it with the hoodie before covering me with the blankets. "T-Thank you Bren." I whispered, my eyes drooping a little. "Of course love." Brennen smiled weakly and stood up about to leave.

I weakly grabbed his wrist, stopping him. "C-Cuddle me. P-Please." I whispered making him chuckle lightly. He got in next to me, keeping his shirt on since it'll be a little awkward, for we aren't together anymore.

He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me, giving me more warmth. I snuggled into his chest, eventually falling into a deep sleep.

->A/N<-
Vote and comment!!
783 words