Chapter 5: Guests

"Colby dear wake up." Mom said as she shook me slightly. I whined and turned around, covering my face with the blankets. Mom chuckled and walked over to the blinds, pulling the, open.

"Rise and shine!" She exclaimed sarcastically making me laugh lightly. "Now get up. We have guests coming over for dinner and I need your help." She said and patted my back before walking back out.

I sighed and stood up, slipping on my shirt. I ruffled my hair and walked into the bathroom before freshening up. It's finally Friday and I'm feeling a bit better than the day before.

After I was done getting - well descent, I walked back out and climbed down the stairs where mom was pouring honey on some pancakes. "Morning sweetie pie." Mom coed and I playfully rolled my eyes making her laugh lightly.

"Can you stop that?" I groaned smiling a bit as I sat on the stool chair. My Mom is probably the only person who could put a genuine smile on my face that easily. That's basically one of the reasons I love her.

She handed me the needed utensils and I dug into my breakfast, moaning at the taste. "Oh stop." Mom joked flipping her hair, making us burst out in laughter.

-

I chop at the lettuce, making sure not to cut my fingers in the process, when the door bell rang. I placed down the knife and walked to the door before opening the door. Gage and his friends pushed past me, causing me to trip and fall over.

"Oh sorry little bro." Gage said as he helped me back up, spotting mom in the kitchen. As he helped me up, he squeezed my arm tightly making me whimper lightly in pain. "Hun are you okay?" Mom asked worried and Gage glared at me.

"Y-Yea. Accidentally hit one of my bruises." I lied before Gage let go of me, amused. "We'll be upstairs." Gage called before he and two of his friends, Nate and Calumn, walked upstairs.

I returned to mom and carried on cutting, rubbing my arm in the process. "Dick." I mumbled and continued chopping at the fresh lettuce.

->Time Skip<-

I stand in front of body lengthen mirror, buttoning up my black button-up shirt and fixed the cuffs of my sleeves. I straightened the shirt a bit before walking over to the dresser.

I grabbed the foundation - or was it concealer? Either way, I grabbed it and patted some on my black eye, using my fingers to rub it in. I winced a little after placing too much pressure and carried on, making sure I hid it well.

I then slipped into moms room and placed the foundation back in her makeup bag. I slipped back out of the room, and quietly shut the door, when suddenly I was harshly pinned to it.

I groaned and looked up, meeting Gage's deathly glare. "What were you doing in there?" He asked glaring down at me. "N-Nothing." I huffed and tried pushing past him but he just held me tighter.

He raised his fist about to punch me, and I quickly hid my face behind my hands, trying to at least protect my face. I don't need to put more of that stuff. I awaited the impact of his fist with my body, when we heard the doorbell ring.

"You were lucky this time little bro." He spat and backed away before heading down the stairs. I sighed in relief and straightened up my shirt before joining them downstairs as well.

"Hun can you get that?" Mom called out and I nodded. I walked over to the door and opened it to be met with.. Brennen. He was wearing a pair of black jeans as well as a black shirt, with his hair styled back.

He looked.. freaking hot. "Hello." I said politely, thankfully being able to hide my bush, sending a small smile instead. "Oh, hello!" Mom exclaimed and walked over in her beautiful but simple black dress.

I moved inside and they walked in, when Gage appeared behind mom and I. "Yo Jake!" Gage greeted as he and this Jake bro-hugged, shocking everyone. "We're going out." Gage said before he and Jake walked out of the house.

"Well then." Mrs. Taylor chuckled as well as my mom. "Hello Mrs. Taylor. I'm Colby." I said politely, putting out my hand. "Hello there Colby. Such amazing manners." She smiled as she shook my hand before smacking the back of Brennen's head making us laugh lightly.

"Hello Mrs. Brock." Brennen greeted, glaring at his mother before sending a polite smile towards my mother and I. "Why don't you guys head upstairs and we'll call you down for dinner?" Mom suggested and we just shrugged.

-

I shut the door after Brennen and I entered my room and sighed softly. I turned back around accidentally bumping into Brennen, who was oddly close to me. I blushed lightly as I looked up at him.

He reached his hand up to my face and gently running his thumb over my eye before pulling it away. "Is that foundation?" He asked smirking and I chuckled a bit embarrassed. "Yea." I sighed and expected him to back away but he stayed close.

I looked up at him a little confused, when he started leaning in. I panicked a little, not knowing what to do, and just closed my eyes. His soft lips met with mine and started moving slowly as he kissed me.

I hesitated for a little before kissing back, making him smile throughout the it. He kissed me again, gently pushing me against the door and slowly slithering his arms around my waist.

He pulled away after a few more moments, laying his forehead against mine as we painted lightly. Did we actually just kiss? And did I really just.. like it?

->A/N<-
Should I update again?
983 words