Chapter 7: Truth

I stare at nothing in particular, shocked, confused and hurt. I pushed away from the wall, about to go after Sam but I had to know the truth. I saw guilt on Sam's face. I've never seen Sam guilty before.

I walked towards Brennen's table, my eyes glossing a little. "Hey." Brennen said smiling but it easily dropped once he saw the tears in my eyes. "Baby what's wrong?" Brennen asked eyebrows furrowing as he walked towards me.

"Stop." I whispered placing my hand out to stop him from coming any closer. He looked at me a little hurt and furrowed his eyes more. "What did I do?" He asked a little sad and stopped approaching.

"I want the truth B-Brennen. D-Do you really like me?" I asked as tears rolled down my face a little. His eyes widened and he quickly pushed my hand down, hugging me tightly.

"Of course I like you Colby. Why would you ever ask that?" Brennen whispered as I sobbed lightly into his chest. "I-I just assumed." I sniffled and shivered a little. Do I like Brennen? Yes. But do I love him? I don't know.

"Even if this might not work out for the both of us, just know I truly like you Colby. And would love to still be friends." Brennen said again and placed a kiss on my head. I nodded against his chest making him chuckle lightly.

"I-I thought I was being l-lied to. I-I thought you were w-with me just to use me. B-But knowing you truly liked me m-makes it a bit better." I sniffled, laughing a little at the end.

"Can I have one last kiss before we end things. Although we didn't start a proper relationship?" Brennen asked pulling away, making me laugh. I nodded and he smiled lightly, leaning in before kissing me lovingly.

Knowing that he was with me because he was loyal is better than being with me to use me. Although it's a little sad we couldn't go any further than a few kisses and cuddles, I'm happy I got to experience it with him.

Brennen pulled away, caressing my hair before smiling down at me. "Thank you." Brennen said cutely making me nod chuckling. "Come on." He said and pulled me towards the table before sitting down.

"Can we at least cuddle sometimes? As friends?" Brennen asked hopeful making me shake my head smiling. "Sure." I smiled and he beamed a little.

We spent the rest of the lunch chatting, Sam crossing my mind a few times. Yet I didn't let it get to me yet.

->Time Skip<-

I walk into the house, feeling a little tired, when I spotted mom sitting on one of the chairs near the table. She stood up and came to greet me with a hug. "Hello momma." I said smiling lightly.

"Hello dear." She said kissing my forehead. "Can I have a word with you?" She asked and I nodded before walking over to the couch, sitting down.

"Colby hun, I have something to ask you and I need you to be truthful." Mom said making me furrow my eyebrows and nod slowly. "Colby are you gay?" She blurted quietly, making my eyes widen in fear.

"I-I.." I trailed off as I look down, scared to answer. "Colby answer me." She said a little sternly. "Y-Yes I a-am momma." I sniffled, afraid of her reaction. I flinched a little feeling her fingers under my chin.

She lifted my head up and sent me a little smile. "Don't cry dear. There's nothing to be ashamed of." She said and I looked at her a little shocked. "Y-You're not g-gonna disown me or something?" I asked sad and she shook her head.

"Never. I support you hun. I always will." She smiled and I hugged her tightly. "T-Thank you momma." I sobbed lightly and she rubbed my back soothingly.

"Go shower and come watch a movie with me." Mom said pulling back. I nodded and stood up about to walk away when she spoke up again. "And maybe you can't tell m about a crush of some sort?" Mom asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mom!" I whined making her chuckle. "Go shower dear." She laughed and I nodded before sprinting upstairs. The fact that mom supports me, makes it even better.

->A/N<-
Two updates one day?! Damn! 😂🤦‍♀️
734 words