Chapter 10: Confessions

I've been ignoring Sam all day, not wanting to speak to him currently. It's currently lunch hour and I'm at my locker. I placed in my unnecessary things and shut my locker before walking towards the cafeteria.

Brennen was held back by teachers and said he'll catch up with me in a few. I enter the loud cafeteria, easily being bombarded with chattering, arguments and the horrific scent of sweat.

I began walking to Brennen and I's usual table, when I spotted Sam sitting at a table alone. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking why he wouldn't be with his friends but then I remembered what he had told me before I ran away the other day.

Sam sacrificed his friends to save me from the harm they cause and to start over as friends but I've been ignoring him. He remembered me of someone who was in the exact same position as a certain someone. Myself.

I sighed, feeling really bad now. No one should be alone in any type of situation. I walked over, letting out a shaky breath and quietly sat down in front of him. He looked up at me and I could see the pain and sadness in his eyes making me feel even guiltier.

He sighed and looked back down, staying quiet. "Sam.. I.. I'm sorry." I blurted, shame suddenly filling me, catching Sam's attention. "You risked your friends' friendship with you just so we can start over. And instead I neglected you. I was scared. I thought you were luring me into some type of.. trap." I rambled but was cut off by soft lips being pressed against mine.

I kissed back, not even hesitating as he cupped my cheek. He took his hand down to my chin before keeping it there. We pulled apart, staring at one another as we pant lightly. "I love you Colby. You might not feel the same but I just had to get that off my chest. I've always had a crush on you. Even when we were younger." Sam said genuinely.

"I was just too shy to say anything and bullying you was the only way I could get closer to you. I guess it just went on by the years. I'm truly sorry for what I did Colby. I don't deserve your friendship nor love." Sam said again before standing up and running off.

"B-But I love you too Sam." I whispered, more like to myself. I stood up and hurried after him, not letting this ruin our one shot together. I spotted him slipping to the back of the school and ran after him.

"Sam wait!" I called and managed to catch up to him before grabbing his wrist. He stopped running but didn't even look at me as my grip hardened on his wrist. "Sam I-I love you too. And no matter how many times I deny it, my feelings for you always prove me wrong." I said softly and his gaze finally met mine.

He glanced down at my lips and back up at my eyes before pulling me in for a passionate kiss, this time longer. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I smiled through the kiss, loving every moment of it. It was filled with love and passion. Not hatred and disgust.

Sam broke the kiss, laying his forehead against mine as he stared into my eyes. Suddenly, drips of water dripped down before rain started pouring down on us. "Colby will you do me the honors of being mine and mine only?" He asked as he stared lovingly into my eyes.

I nodded smiling before smashing my lips against his, swaying lightly in the rain. No matter how many times I deny it, I know that I truly love Sam and always will.

(I'm not proud of this chapter at all but feel bad for not updating so hope this wasn't too bad 🖤)