I

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑; 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆; 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬; 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬.

—————

Amara Winters' POV
My new job, in this new town.
I'd just arrived in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. I'd always had a fair interest in the town, all the mysteries and dark events that occurred there. I finished my studies at the police academy in London and now I had moved to the town where I'd start my job as a police officer.

I collected the last few boxes from the back of the taxi and unsteadily carried them towards my flat. The taxi drove away after accepting my money and left me alone, trying to lift these boxes while going up unreasonable amounts of staircases. And because of my luck, the lift was broken, so I couldn't use that either. I just had to trust my human strength, which was quite a lot, since I was trained to be a police officer. I did, however, struggle with seeing where I went. The boxes blocked most of my sight and it was hard to avoid bumping into walls.

"Can I help you?" I heard a voice next to me say and I looked to my left, revealing a cheery-looking blonde woman.

"If you wouldn't mind," I answered, smiling at the beautiful stranger in front of me.

"Of course I don't." She said before taking two of the four boxes from the pile in my arms. I felt relieved after the weight of the boxes left my hands.

"Where are you headed?" The gorgeous woman asked and I grabbed keys out of the pocket of my coat.

"Apartment 36," I answered and the woman smiled.

"That's right above mine!" She cheerily exclaimed as she followed me up the steps of the last staircases.

"So what's your name?"

"Amara Winters, yours?"

"Jane Turner, to your service." She smiled and my eyes widened.

"You work at the police station as well, right?" I asked, recognizing her name from somewhere.

"Yeah I'm a secretary, and I sometimes help with cases." She said and I nodded, soon arriving at the door of my apartment.

"Like to come in?" I asked and she smiled brightly.

"It would be a pleasure." She said, entering the apartment after me and placing the boxes by the big pile in the hallway. My apartment wasn't that full yet, it just contained a kitchen and some furniture. A big couch was placed in the living room, across from the tv. Jane sat down on it and I grabbed two glasses of water from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I've just moved in today, I haven't had time to do any groceries." I chuckled, handing Jane the glass.

"Oh that's okay, I hope you'll get settled in soon. You're gonna work at the police station, right? When are you gonna start?" She asked and I thought for a second.

"I think I'll be able to sort everything out in one week. I don't have that much stuff, so it will merely take a few days. But I also want to get settled and maybe buy some things for the apartment, you know?" You asked and Jane nodded before taking a sip of her water.

"I totally understand, here's my number. Call me when you need something, I can always help you out, just text me and I'll see if I'm free. I'd like to get to know you better. I will also inform my colleagues about you if that's fine with you." Jane said and I smiled, nodding.

"Thank you, that would be great."