XIX

Amara Winters' POV
Four files... out of seventeen deaths, we only got four files! I hope that these are the right, non-edited versions. At least we'd have a bit of luck then.

"Starting the computer..." I sighed as I held my head up with my hand.

"Look, I know it sucks that we only have four out of seventeen, but at least we've got something," Harry said and I nodded.

"I just hope this will confirm our suspicions," I said and Harry agreed.

"Okay it's up, now I just need to plug it in..." I said, reaching to get the flash drive out of my inside pocket, but I quickly yanked my hand away when the door was opened.

"Hey uh, guys, there has been a call-in for a robbery, the robbers are armed and the other officers need backup," Jane said and Harry and I shot up from our seats. We rushed to our vehicle and drove to the bank that Jane. We saw a buff posture in a leather jacket and with a mask on, standing in front of the counter, aiming his gun at the people behind it. He yelled at the police officers and we quietly took a detour to the back of the bank. We shut the car doors as quiet as possible and broke the backdoor open, making our way inside from the back of the building. We met a few terrified people who were hiding and let them all go outside. We then ended up behind the counter and quickly hid behind a wall, signaling the nearest people to quietly make their way outside while the robber was yelling at the officers outside.

"Put your hands up in the air and drop the weapon!" Harry's deep voice beamed after we came out of our hiding spot and aimed our gun at the robber. He sarcastically laughed and turned towards us. We stepped closer and his hand began to shake.

"Don't come any closer!" He screamed before turning in a circle and aiming his gun at all the poor customers who were sitting on the ground, trying to hide behind the nearest object. I signaled Harry with hand-signs and he nodded. When the robber turned his back towards us again, Harry and I tackled him to the ground and I quickly kicked his gun out of his hand. The customers all quickly ran out of the store and the other officers came to help us. They put the man in handcuffs and pushed him into a police vehicle. Harry and I sighed as we started checking the location once more for any other suspicious activities. We helped calm the attacked people down and even brought one home. The poor lady was so shocked that she wasn't even able to drive home on her own.

"Should I drop you off at your house? I still have to get something from the office, so I can leave the police car there." Harry said and I nodded.

"I wouldn't be able to go to work tomorrow, because my car is still somewhere in the parking lot."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, it's too late for you to be driving home right now," Harry said, making me chuckle.

"And it isn't for you?"

"I'm a man."

"I'm a woman and I can take care of myself, but this time I would like to take you up on the offer. You can pick me up around eight at my apartment tomorrow." I smiled and Harry smiled as well as he followed my directions to my apartment.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then, Officer."