XVII

Amara Winters' POV
Covering tracks, that was what was happening. We just didn't know which tracks. Mr. Wilson could've tried to cover his tracks by killing himself and avoiding a sentence. But it could also be someone else and Mr. Wilson just knew too much.

"Tell me about his state," Harry said as we pushed through the crowd of people that surrounded the house. I walked right behind him as I put on the gloves that he'd handed to me before, incase we found evidence.

"It seems that he fell, slash, was pushed down the stairs to his wine cellar. A couple of misplaced limbs, stab wounds in the back." Harry and I rushed to the wine cellar, which was filled by officers and investigators. We pushed them aside and looked at the crime scene. Right at that time, a flash filled the room and the photographer had taken a picture of the crime scene. Harry and I immediately shooed everyone out of the room and started looking for the signature bottle. We looked for a few minutes before I spotted something glistering right next to the stairs, hidden in the corner. I walked over to it and picked it up, it was a piece of glass. A piece of normal glass, it wasn't green, it was see-through.

"I found this," I said and Harry looked at the piece of glass in my hand. 

"It looks like a piece from the foot of a wine glass, doesn't it?" Harry asked and I nodded.

"Maybe it's from the glass that Mr. Wilson supposedly drank from... IF he drank from the 'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET', that is." I said and Harry frowned.

"SAMUELS!" He yelled and the man who photographed the crime scene earlier opened the door to the wine cellar.

"Yeah?" He asked, his voice coming from the top of the stairs.

"We need the pictures of the crime scene."

"But you're here right now, why-"

"Just! Show them to us." Harry said roughly, emphasizing 'just'. Mr. Samuels came down the stairs and turned on his camera. He scrolled through his previous taken photos and stopped at the photos of this particular crime scene. He showed it to us and we scanned it until we finally found the familiar bottle and glasses. Harry glanced at me and I told Mr. Samuels to continue flicking through the pictures.

"Stop!" I practically yelled, making Samuels jump.

"Go back. One more time." I said and he did as he was told. The screen showed everyone leaving the room, but I noticed something crucial.

"I must've accidentally taken these when we were ordered to leave," Samuels spoke, but I pointed at a spot in the picture.

"Can you zoom in on that please?" I asked and he did. It was the sleeve of a black coat, but what caught my attention was that a green circle of glass was visible. It was the bottom of a wine bottle. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at Harry, but he just frowned, his finger resting against the corner of his mouth.

"Can you skip two photos ahead... One more... Another. Stop!" He said and he pointed at the other, now visible, sleeve of the black coat. Samuels zoomed in on it and it showed the foot of a wine glass, but right as the picture was taken, a broken piece fell to the ground, leaving the glass missing a piece of the foot. I held up the piece of glass and Harry nodded.

"Can you zoom out again?" I asked, wanting to see if there was a face visible of the person who tried to cover this up. Samuels skipped through the pictures, but we couldn't see a face. The head wasn't even visible, it was hidden between the crowd of people that we shut out of the room. We were in the same room as this new suspect!

"Do you know what this means?" Harry asked and I nodded, sighing.

"We've got a mole at the station."