XVI

Amara Winters' POV
So the sweet and kind Mr. Wilson lied to us. He lied to the police. I actually believed he was a good man and that he was innocent. But he was even more suspicious now, it could've all been an act. All we know now is that those twelve bottles didn't end up at the store and that Mr. Wilson was hiding something from us. He was our only and our number one suspect.

"This is so messed up," Harry said and I sighed.

"You're right, I can't believe I actually thought that Mr. Wilson was telling the truth." We were now on our way to the police station. We'd called our forces and they made sure that Mr. Wilson was brought to the police station for further investigation and interrogation.

"So to just clarify everything; Stone's liquors wasn't open on the twenty-second of April last year. The date that Mr. Wilson supposedly brought back the dozen of 'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET' bottles."

"But he didn't, and he never gave them to Sophia Emerson, because she wasn't there." Harry finished my statement.

"This is so stupidly confusing." I groaned, putting my hands in my hair.

"It's gonna be okay, we're gonna interrogate Mr. Wilson professionally this time and we will get answers."

—————

Harry and I arrived at the police station not much later. We got out of the police car and rushed inside. We didn't see Mr. Wilson in the interrogation room yet, so we walked to my office. We added notes and new discoveries to the board and then just stared at it.

"Harry... can I look at Niall's file?" I asked and he visibly gulped. I saw his eyes filling with tears as he handed me Niall's file. I smiled reassuringly and stroked his shoulder before taking the file from him and opening it to the information page about the crime scene. It was gruesome, what had happened to this man. Ripped clothing, stabbing wounds on his stomach, eyes rolled back. I felt nauseous by just looking at it. I looked at the nightstand and saw beer.

"Wait, there's no 'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET' here, it's just beer," I said and Harry rushed to my side. I covered the part of Niall's body with my hand and showed him the bottle of beer.

"So every crime scene picture includes a bottle of 'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET' except this one?" Harry asked and I nodded.

"But there is still the top of a wineglass visible, so the wine must be out of the frame-" I got cut off by both our radios beeping. We heard something inaudible and glanced at each other.

"Officer Winters here, come back on that please, over."

"Mr... Mr... Wi... Mr... Wilsss... o... er..." The audio kept cutting and I took the radio off my uniform.

"You're out of signal, go again, over."

"Mr. Wilson... we... found..." The audio started becoming clearer but we still couldn't hear what was said by our colleague.

"Go outside and go again, over." Harry harshly said into his radio.

"We found Mr. Wilson dead in his house."