XXIX

Amara Winters' POV
Harry and I had rushed out of the house without even properly saying goodbye. That was probably the thing I regretted the most. Gemma and Anna were such nice people, they had fully accepted me in their house and I didn't even say a decent thank you or goodbye.

"What's the problem?" Harry asked as we both made our way into the police station. A crowd of people was gathered in the hall and a few looked shocked, some were even crying.

"The killer stroke again." One of our colleagues said, leading Harry and me outside, to the back of the building. What we saw there was a horrifying scene. A girl lied in front of the dumpsters, the back of her shirt ripped open, stab wounds covering her back. Her eyes were rolled back in her skull and a stream of dried blood had trickled out of the corner of her mouth. I immediately recognized the girl.

"Stacy?" I exclaimed, immediately rushing to the dead girl's side. I felt tears sting in my eyes as I searched the whole place for the crucial evidence, the bottle of 'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET', but couldn't find it. I felt the urge to scream because this innocent lady's life was taken from her. I put my hands in my hair as I quickly rushed away from the crime scene. Harry had apparently followed me because he soon wrapped me in his strong arms. He soothingly rubbed circles on my back as I cried into his chest.

"We spoke to her two days ago! It's not fair, why did she have to die?" I cried and Harry gently shushed me.

"I know Amara, but we have to get to the bottom of this, you have to trust me. I can finish up gathering information while you go calm down inside. Is that a good idea?" Harry asked as he let go of me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I'll be inside then." I sighed before making my way inside without looking back. I saw that the crowd was still there, gathered around the most shocked people. I decided to look at why they were all so shocked.

"Excuse me, let me through please," I said, making my way through the crowd and ending up in front of a familiar face. It was Jane, only she wasn't her cheery self, she was completely pale and tears streamed down her face. Her hands were covered in blood and her whole body shook with fear. I quickly rushed to her side and shooed everyone away.

"Jane, what happened?" I asked and only more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"T-that girl... I-I... She was bleeding so much." She cried and she almost hid her face in her hands, but then noticed the blood on her hands and she only cried more.

"I-I was just lighting a cigarette and-and then I saw her l-lying there..." She sobbed again and I noticed how smudged her makeup looked. She looked so sad and terrified, her whole body was taken over by fear.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay. It's okay." I said, hugging her side and gently rubbing circles on her back.

"But it's not! That girl is dead! A-and I'm covered in her blood because I turned her around and those wounds- Oh my god!" She exclaimed as loud sobs escaped her lips.

"We're gonna get to the bottom of this, I promise. You just have to help me a bit okay?"