XL

Amara Winters' POV
So, long story short, Jane Turner was delusional, insane and obsessive. She didn't care about anything except 'her boys Niall and Harry' and I was quite afraid for my life. Harry had asked me out, and I could guess that Jane was pretty angry because of that, because 'he was hers'.

"W-what about Stacy?" I asked, trying to postpone the part where she'd remember she wanted to kill me.

"She met Harry at his sister's party. She tried to make conversation, even hit on him. Stupid, foolish girl." She shook her head, twirling the knife between her fingers.

"I chased her into that alleyway, I was gonna convince her to drink, but she saw my knife and she screamed. Oh, that annoying ear-piercing screech! It was terrible. And then your nosy ass decided to play hero and came with Harry. Stacy recognized Harry and the situation just got a whole lot messier than it should've." She groaned as she rolled her eyes.

"She actually came to the station to tell you and Harry about what had happened to her. But I couldn't allow that, she'd recognize me and that would just ruin the whole surprise. So I dragged her to the dumpsters and ended her pathetic little miserable life." Jane shrugged with a smile on her face.

"Why couldn't you just walk up to Harry or Niall when you first met them and tell them how you felt? None of this would've happened." Jane laughed and facepalmed herself.

"Do you think I'm crazy?! I wouldn't do that in a million years! At least, not back then." She said, making me roll my eyes at her logic.

"But you killed people, is that better than walking up to someone and confessing your feelings?"

"Yes, back then it was. But now I get to combine those two, I'll get you out of the picture and have Harry all to myself. It's a win-win." She grinned and I gulped.

"Where are we?" I asked, knowing that it had absolutely no importance whatsoever.

"In my dad's shack somewhere in the woods, might as well tell you, it's not like anyone's gonna hear anyway." She grinned, then her face suddenly went red with rage.

"You're trying to distract me." She slowly said, her eyes fixated on me while she smiled her crazy smile.

"You're trying to win time, but you won't. It's time that this ends, that you end. It's time that I finally get what I deserve." My eyes widened, but I tried to keep calm, as I was taught at the police academy. I'd been trying to untie my hands since the start of this whole conversation, but I had to stop whenever Jane moved, which happened quite a lot. I moved to sit on my knees, trying to reach to my ankles with my still tied up hands. I started untying my legs first, in case I had to run before I could get my arms out of the ropes.

"I had everything under control, I hadn't killed since the case was closed, but you just had to swoop in and take all my opportunities away, didn't you?" She hissed as she made her way over to me. She looked down at me with a disapproving look on her face. She grabbed her chair and put it in the corner of the room, rolling her sleeves up as she made her way towards me.

"So this is about to get very messy."