XX

Amara Winters' POV
The robbery surely was an experience. I hadn't had real action since Harry and I had started to work on the case together, but I think it's what we both needed. It's not right, but I'm glad we got to fight a criminal and got to loosen up during these tense times.

"You still have those files?" Harry asked and I nodded, remembering that I'd still had the flash drive on me. We were now sitting in his amazing car, on our way to the police station.

"I'm glad that you're my partner Amara, I feel like we work well together," Harry said and I smiled.

"I think so too."

—————

We soon arrived at the station, but as we reached the front desk, I could sense something was up.

"Jane, what's going on?" I asked, growing anxious because of all the stares that were sent my way. Jane looked up at me with wide eyes before she mumbled something.

"Sorry what?" I asked.

"Y-your office." She said, pointing to where a crowd of people were surrounding my office. Harry and I pushed our way through the crowd, but the sight of my office wasn't any better. Everything was thrown around the room, ripped, broken, torn apart. Files laid everywhere on the ground and our information board was messed up, pictures were torn and notes laid on the floor. I sucked in a sharp breath and felt my heart pumping out of my chest. Harry harshly told everyone to leave while I was looking through the ruins of our hard work. I groaned and put my hands in my hair.

"Well, I guess we should get everything back up before we look at anything else." Harry suggested and I agreed.

"I don't know how this could've happened? Who did this?" I wondered and Harry's face lit up.

"We can check the security cameras for anyone who went into your office yesterday," Harry said and I nodded. He walked over to the computer and started checking the camera footage while I got the investigation board back up.

"I think I've got something," Harry said and I rushed over to him. The screen showed a black coat, but the footage suddenly disappeared, leaving only a static screen in front of our eyes. I groaned and hid my face in my hands before sighing.

"This fucking sucks, why would anyone even do this? Or hide it for that matter." I started picking up the files and Harry helped me sort everything.

—————

It took us about an hour or two to get the office back to its original state. I was still confused though. Why would anyone do something like this? Were they looking for something? Did they think I was hiding something here?

"Let's get lunch," Harry said and I frowned, turning around to look at the curly-haired officer.

"Excuse me? Why would we go get lunch?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"I thought you might like to get out of here for a while, go out, breathe a bit of fresh air. Get the cliche doughnuts every officer gets. Maybe check the streets. Just do something a normal officer would do. I just feel like we're detectives or something. We've been spending more time on this case than actually fighting crime." Harry shrugged and I thought for a second.

"You're right, let's go."