IV

Amara Winters' POV
The gorgeous man hadn't left my mind since that morning. He was absolutely breathtaking. He was everything a woman would wish for in a man. Appearance-wise, his attitude just ruined it. The way he shoved those papers back and showed a face of disapproval was such a throw off.

"So, what did you think about work?" Jane asked. You were now sitting in your apartment, eating pasta and listening to some faint music.

"It was really good, I had fun. I immediately felt comfortable there," I smiled, "it's just..." I sighed, not continuing. But Jane continued for me.

"It's just Officer Styles, isn't it? I'm sorry for how he acted, he really isn't that big of a douche I promise. He just doesn't work with a partner, that's the only thing he can get grumpy about. He's pretty down-to-earth on everything else." Jane said and I frowned.

"Then why did he shove that file into my hands and glare at me before storming off?"

"Well, I looked at the file again and saw that it was one of the first cases Styles did with Horan. I think it might've hit him and it must've brought him in a bad mood." Jane explained and my expression softened. I suddenly felt really bad for the guy. He lost his colleague, his partner. I couldn't imagine how that would be, mainly because I haven't had a police partner yet, but also because I just don't ever want that to happen to anyone. No one should lose a dear one.

"Oh." Was all that left my mouth. I frowned and took a bite from my pasta. But I just lost my appetite, I felt bad for Officer Styles. It felt like I'd done something wrong, even though I didn't. I'd been there for one day and I think I already got at least an unfriendly relationship with one of my colleagues.

—————

"Let's try this again, I'm just gonna walk in there, apologize for bumping into him and make sure he's not pissed at me," I spoke, trying to lift my spirits as I stood in front of the police station.

"You can do this honey, let's just go," Jane said, dragging me inside by my arm. I soon spotted Officer Styles flicking through some files with a mug of coffee in his hand. I walked over to him and cleared my throat, making him look up.

"Look, I'm sorry that I bumped into you yesterday, I don't want you to think of me as unprofessional or anything. It was just an accident, I don't want us to start on the wrong foot you know?" I rambled, making Officer Styles smirk.

"It's okay, I was just in a pissy mood yesterday. But I don't think it'll matter much, you won't be 'friends' with me anyway." He said, emphasizing friends with a face of disgust.

"What's so wrong with that though?" I asked, curious about this man's mind.

"I don't do friendships." He shrugged before walking past me.

"Hey, Styles." Jane cheerily said, waving at the man and he just smiled at her, paying no more attention to her as he walked by.

Well someone's full of himself.