IX

Amara Winters' POV
Accepting a loved one is gone is hard. It's even harder when you shut everyone out of your life. Like Harry did. I was happy that he let me in, that he talked to me about what was on his mind. The man was broken, and I wouldn't mind picking up the pieces to fix him.

"Wait, so they were all found with a pocket knife in their back? Like someone sneaked up behind them and attacked them quickly?" I asked as I looked at the gruesome details of the deaths.

"Yes, and the marks on the mouth show that their screams were muffled by some sort of cloth. The bodies just don't have any fingerprints on them from the possible killer, 'cause none of them add up." Harry said, pointing at the different outcomes of the fingerprint tests. 

"This is so crazy," I whispered, flicking through the pages of the files.

"Niall and I worked on this information for two and a half years. We still aren't anywhere close to a suspect." Harry sighed, putting his hands on the table as his eyes scanned the files.

"Wait," Harry suddenly said, making me look up at him, "look." He said, pointing at a blurry part of a picture of the crime scene. He grabbed another crime scene picture and I noticed something visible in both pictures. A bottle of wine with two glasses in the far corner. I scanned the other picture over and saw the same bottle with two glasses of wine standing next to it. I quickly grabbed the prints off all the other deaths and checked the pictures. The bottle was always there, the glasses weren't always visible and the bottle sometimes only showed half, but it was there. It was on the picture, blurry and in the shadows of objects surrounding it. Harry grabbed a magnifying glass and held it over the picture where the bottle of wine was the clearest and most visible.

'CHATEAU LA TOUR CARNET'

Was written in big letters on the label and complete confusion filled my body.

"But why was the bottle there?" I thought out loud.

"If it was poison, it surely wasn't enough to kill the victims. They all had marks of struggling and stab wounds on their bodies." Harry spoke my exact thoughts.

"This is disgusting, twisted and absolutely sickening." I sighed, dropping the pictures on the desk and putting my hands in my hair.

"It's gonna be okay, we have a clue, Amara," Harry said, making me look up at him.

"But there are only so many bottles of that exact brand." I sarcastically said, closing my eyes for a second.

"Oh my god, I am so stupid," I said, opening my eyes again and looking at Harry.

"We have to check every liquor store, and ask if there was a client who bought lots of the same wine!" I exclaimed, making Harry nod.

"There is just one in this town, we don't have the biggest town, you know? You seem to forget that sometimes." Harry chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Chop chop Officer, we've got work to do."