VII

Amara Winters' POV
I'd expected lots of things from Styles. But never would I've expected him to just break down in front of me. I guess he'd just bottled his emotions up for so long, he needed to let them out some day. And I guess I was just the trigger to the bucket of emotions overflowing.

"Hey, it's okay," I said soothingly, making my way over to the tall man and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"God I probably look like such a fool." Styles sniffled, but I shook my head.

"No you don't, you lost a close friend and didn't even have time to grieve. You have the right to cry, I won't judge." I said, pulling back from the hug and carefully pulling his arms away from his face. His eyes were red and filled with tears, his nose was red too and he sniffled every once in a while. We just stared at each other for a while and I held his hands, telling him it was gonna be okay.

"I'm so lame." Styles chuckled, wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

"No you're not, you're human. You have the right to show your emotions." I said.

"What was he like, your friend, tell me about him," I said and Styles showed a weak smile.

"His name was Niall, Niall Horan. He was the best cop of the station, he solved every case with such ease. And he was a master in chasing and arresting people. We were working on this case, and suddenly one morning, he was found dead in his house." Styles sighed, looking at the ground.

"And as a friend?" I asked, making Styles frown.

"You talk about how great of an officer he was, but what was he like as a friend?"

"He was kind, funny and loyal. He was respectful towards everyone he knew, except criminals, but even to them, he wasn't a devil. He taught me so many things about life and to look at it in so many different aspects. He was the best you could wish for, it's such a waste that he is gone. It's not fair, he never hurt a soul!" He exclaimed and tears rolled down his cheeks again.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Let all your emotions out okay?" I said, pulling him into a hug and letting him sob onto my shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm telling you all this." Styles laughed sadly.

"But you needed to because you've bottled all these emotions and all this pain up until it got too much and you finally exploded," I whispered, rubbing circles on his back.

"What's your favourite memory of Niall, if I can call him Niall."

"You can call him Niall, you seem worthy enough. W-we always went to the bar on Friday nights, he always ordered so many beers and got absolutely drunk off his ass," Styles chuckled before continuing, "he always tried to seduce women at the bar, and usually, his charms worked. But one time there was this girl and he, of course, tried to flirt with her, then she said she wasn't into men and her girlfriend joined her. Then Niall was so dumb to ask if the girlfriend wanted to 'join them'. And the look on the girls' faces... I had to drag him out of the bar before he'd end up in the hospital." Styles breathily laughed, wiping his tears away.

"Sounds like he was a silly and fun friend." I smiled and he nodded.

"He was, we had too many good memories to name. But he was amazing." He said and I smiled offering him my mug of coffee.

"That's yours." He said, pointing at it and looking at me in confusion.

"I can always get a new one, but right now, I don't need it. And you look like you do." I smiled and he smiled back, taking the mug from my hands and drinking out of it.

Seems like a good guy after all.