16. Duv!

Hardin's pov :

'duv❤'

** hey! **

Duv?...? I'm so shocked to see this. I still don't believe this's true. I tap on the display picture.

And my heart just stops for a moment, seeing Duvett in it.
Duvett??... I get the phone closer to my eyes. I ain't able to believe it at all! Woah!.... Duvett?... A text from her?
Some or the other way, my mind knew she would talk to me before I did. But I never expected her to text me this soon.

Oh my lovely lady, you seem to be very eager and excited than I am.
I kiss my phone in happiness. I turn around with joy. I run to my mattress and fall back with excitement. I dive into my fantasy in exhilaration.

"Hardin? Here you go, kenneth's call" my mum just walks into my room with out knocking, and hands me her phone. " Kenneth??" I ask, fully surprised. She nods.

Kenneth.!! My lovely brother.

" Kenneth, congrats! It's unbelievable that you got selected to The John Hopkins university. Im so proud of you my son" my dad said, patting Kenneth's back.

I was 10 years old then.

" mum, what's he talking about?" I asked my mum, pointing my finger to my dad, who was happily hugging my brother. I did not understand anything.

" Hardin, your bother got a medical seat in the jonh Hopkins university."
My young mum said, her face held the biggest smile and her eyes held pride. Her son had made her very proud.

" mommy, where is that??" I had asked, in a 10 year old tone.

" The US." she said, looking at her son, who gave the birth to the gallant feeling in her.

" I'll be booking your tickets today." my daddy said.

" mum will he be leaving me? Will he leave me alone? " innocent Hardin asked.

Kenneth was everything to me. He took care of me as if I was his son. He loved me very much and he dealt with hard naughtiness of mine.

I didn't like my father at all. He just treated me worse. He came drunk, every night and spoke shit about my mum. I didn't know the reason for he drinking, and neither did I have guts to question him about it. I was only 5. Kenneth stayed in the hostel. So he had no clue about my dad's behavior. Else he would beat the shit out of my dear dad.

I used to call him, to tell every single thing that daddy did. But, my words weren't given much importance, as I was only 5 years old and Kenneth thought I was still a small kid, who understood nothing. But, he was completely wrong! I knew each thing my father did. I was aware that, what ever he did was wrong. Wrong enough to hurt my mum, break her into pieces. The hate for my dad started growing vigorously, in my heart and it had a great impact on my mind.

My mum didn't have enough fortitude, to fulminate in front of my fucking father. She just snivelled, day in and day out.

It is God's grace that he didn't aspire to molest her. He never tried. But he beat the innocent shit out of her.
He didn't like me at all, because I called Kenneth every day to make sure he knew about his lovely father. Kenneth wouldn't love him if he knew how his endearing father was! From then, I never spoke to my dad.

My brother was with me to soothe me every time I fought with my father. Even though he didn't believe my words, he consoled me. He calmed me down every time, telling me that he'd change and mum'd be fine.