17. hardy my life!

Duvett's pov:

My lungs are throbbing severely, because of the pointless emotion that my heart holds, because of the pointless tears that my eyes hold, because of the pointless pain that my brain holds and because of the pointless apology that my tongue holds.

Well, I never cried because of this particular reason, because I never cared about my father and I didn't feel incomplete without him, as others do, without their fathers. For me 'father' was a feeling less word, which didn't exist in my life. I don't even know if I should sit and make my tears suck my life out, because I don't have a father. Every body says that, life is harder and riskier without fathers. Fathers play an important part of everybody's life, but in my case he played a crucial role of destroying my every living organ.

But, today I felt guilty. I don't know the exact reason, but I feel atrocious to talk about him.

" Duvett darling! Dinner's ready" my mum walks into my bedroom and I suddenly saccade my sight towards the door. " Duvett?? Are you crying?" my mum notices my swollen eyes and she walks closer. " oh my baby! What's wrong?" she comes closer to me and her soft hands wipe away the blanket of tears on my eyes.

" Duvett, tell me what happened" my mum says. I don't open my mouth, instead I just nod my head, telling her nothing happened. I move her hands away from my face. And when I bend my head down to my bed, I find my phone and it's unlocked, showing the texts from Hardin. I haven't sent any inappropriate texts to get scared, but
'HARDY_MY_LIFE 💋' is big enough for my mum to notice. If she sees it, I'm gone, to hell. End of my life.

I abruptly jolt my body towards where my phone is lying and nab it away from its position. I make it so obvious that my mum brings her eyebrows together and holds a suspect eye on me. I hastily block Hardin, without knowing what else to do. I delete the conversation, before my mum snatches the phone from my hand.

" Duvett, what's that?" she asks, grabbing the phone, as I expected her to do. I've locked my phone Mrs. Investigator. " what's that you did? Unlock your phone" she suspeciously says and hands me the phone to unlock it. I unlock it and place it back on her hand. I have no problem now. I've taken my safety measures mummy. Even if you pull your encephalon out, you can't know a small pin of it, my dear mum. I silently laugh at her mastermind.

" mum it's nothing. It was angel's text" I say and she looks up at me. " then why did you behave as if you did something wrong?" she asks. " I didn't." I say, my mind thinking of her next question and the answer to it.

" Duvett, I'm no fool. What is that you did?" she asks. " mum, I said I did nothing. You can check everything out, if you don't believe me" I say with confidence. Because I know there's nothing in it, to be afraid of.

" uh!" she says and casts my phone beside me. She starts walking towards the door. " come have your dinner" she turns back to me, before exiting . She still holds an angry, red face. " okay" I say as I get off my bed.

I guess Hardin thought I'm ignoring him. Hell!

And by the way, how does he know that I'm Emily? I need to know.

I have my dinner very fast, as if the world's gonna end today and this is the last time I'm having food. Because I need to text Hardin and assure him that I wasn't snubbing him.

" grandpa, good night" I say, wiping my mouth with handkey, after having my dinner. " good night dear." he says and smiles, as I hug him. " good night granny" I say and hug her as she places a peck on my cheek.
I don't wish my mother, because she's glaring at me right now.