veintiuno

what the fuck is she doing here. no wait olivia be professional. i take a deep breath and walk out like i owned the place (big mood).

they ordered at the counter and liam told them to take a seat. i had told liam about hollie and showed him a picture so he coldy took their order. she was with a woman and a little girl, both of them looking familiar but i couldn't place them.

once their orders were ready i placed it on the table and politely asked is their was anything else they would need. "no i'm sure we'll be fine thanks though!" the woman exclaimed. i nodded and walked away.

liam gave the 'want me to beat this bitch up' look and i shook my head. i checked the time and after seeing our first usual customer wouldn't be here for another hour i walked over to the till. "did i tell you about her little visit to our house the other day?" i asked casually, knowing i hadn't.

"uhh no! why what happened?" he asks aggressively. i chuckle before telling him about her visit. "bitch move girl" liam said as the bell went again. emma walked in holding hands with a boy.

she sat at her usual seat by the window and he sat opposite her. when we caught eyes i raised my eyebrows. she said something to the boy and started to walk over to the till. we had became close friends seeing as she was always in here and it got lonely when liam was off.

"soooo..." i tease as she rolls her eyes and looks back at the boy. "he's my boyfrie-" "oh my goooddd!" i interrupt.

she once again rolls her eyes and continues talking. "yeah we met a couple months ago and we had been on a few dates but he finally asked me last night!" she quietly exclaimed. "oh hun i'm so happy for you, he looks like the perfect match for you! what does he do?" i ask. "oh! he is a writer like me".

she couldn't find a better match. "that's amazing but i bet he's hungry so what'd you want?" she orders and sits back down.

a few hours go by and liam leaves for a doctors appointment and i'm left on my own. hollie and who i realised was the little girl we took to met the boys, left about an hour ago. it was empty.

i was sat on the counter scrolling through my phone when the bell went and an out of breath sydney rushes in and tries to talk to me.

"brookaskedmeoutliketenminutesagoandisaidyes" she breathes. "i'm sorry what?" i ask confused.

she takes a breath and calms herself down before speaking again. "brook asked me out like ten minutes ago and i said yes. i ran from work to tell you- ugh get me a coffee stat".

i stood up and went to get her order. "how did he do it?" i ask as the coffee machine does its job. "oh it's was sooo cute. he came into my work-" "wait he's here? oh my god he must like you then."

"well obviously if he asked me out, but anyway he came in with jack and was just like this guy likes me but do you and i was like yeah and he said will you be my girlfriend and i was like yeah and yeah" she says like a teenager.

"wait so are all the boys here then or did he just bring jack?" i give her the coffee and sit down across from her. "no no not jack the human, jack the dog but the boys are here and they might be coming here...".

"ohhh it makes more sense now" i said completely forgetting the second part of the sentence. the bell rings and liz, charlie and little scott walk in the door. scott was their actual grandchild and he was four. he is my favourite four year old ever.

"owivia!" scott screams as he runs over to me. "hey buddy, are you visiting gran and grandpa today?" i ask in my baby voice. i smile at liz and charlie before telling scott to sit down and i'll get him a hot chocolate. i gave a smile at syd as she grins like a cheshire cat.

the bell rings as the machines are buzzing and making loud noises so i don't really hear it. i make my way over to liz and charlie's usual seats and place the tray in the table. "where's liam?!" scott asks loudly.

"aw he's at the doctors, he'll be so sad he missed you" i said "but he wouldn't let me do this" i start as i bring out a slice of chocolate cake from behind my back. "you have to pinky promise me that you won't tell him..." i pause before continuing. " or i get to chop your pinky off and eat it!" i exclaim and start to tickle him.

he giggles and promises not to tell. i walk over to the table where syd was to see the boys sitting with her. the smile that was resting on my face grew as i locked eyes with sonny. he stood up and gave me a massive hug that made my butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"missed you so much livvy and i've only been gone a day or two" he says with a laugh that sound like music to my ears.  "i missed you too" i laugh. he kisses my cheek as scott was here. i take the boys order and head to the till to make it. andy follows me and coughs to get my attention.

"hey olivia, thanks for last night it really helped and we were going to stay at your house for the new couple and i was wondering if i could talk to you about it?" andy asks going shy again.

"andy love call me liv and of course but it'll have to be early, i need my sonny cuddles" i say with a laugh.

he nods and walks towards the boys.

word count:1026

two chapters in one day i'm on a rolll

-alyssa🌻