- 7 -

"What the hell do you mean it wasn't an accident?"

He looks down at me, eyes soaring through mine.

"That night was very much planned," He starts, "Your dad is not as angelic as you think he is,"

I narrow my eyes at him, My dad was my everything.

"Who are you to talk about my father, you know absolutely nothing about him," I sneer.

"You're correct I didn't know him," He leans in closer to me, "But I know what he did."

In better circumstances, I'd reach up and kiss the devil in front of me. He was just so close only a few more inches and his soft pink lips would be tangled with mine.

"Why is everyone talking around the subject?" My aggravation increases, "Since I've arrived all of you are beating around the bush about what happened that night. It's clear it much deeper than I know it to be, so why don't you and that asshole brother of mine start telling me something useful,"

The orbs of his eyes light up, the circles now have different strings of color connecting to the pupil.

It's something to swoon over

It's quite strange how his eyes show emotion, it's not like most people. Instead of being able to tell what he's feeling through his eyes, they just change through color. The urge to study his eyes is great, wanting to know every color and change within them.

While I'm at it, I might as well study his lips

"Eres tan sexy cuando estás enojada."
(You're so sexy when you're angry)

He makes the fluent words from his lips sound too good, it's overwhelming. I have to turn my head to clear my lust-filled thoughts. I speak Spanish, fluently at that - but I don't want him to know that yet.

Instead, I roll my eyes.

"What did my father do that was so bad, your family wanted to kill him and his children?"

Maybe if I ask a direct question, he'll give me a direct answer

I move to sit on a concrete bench across from the fountain. It was also skillfully carved, this time in the shape of a lion.

Cole pauses, looking at the beautiful woman in the statue before continuing.

"He killed my mother,"

Four words, That broke my heart, That broke my memory.

"No," I shake my head, "Not him, you're mistaken."

My father couldn't have done anything like that. He couldn't break a family up like they did him.

Like they did me

He looks over at me, face blank.

"Oh, but yes, Gatita," His mouth lifts but not into a smile, "I was there,"
(Kitten)

"No, you're wrong," I state firmly, "He's not like your people,"

Cole pipes up at the comment. It was rude, I admit, but it was meant to be.

"My people?"He questions sarcastically, "Princesa, your father was a killer,"He stands, slaughtering over to me, "He did it beautifully. He was heartless, cold, cruel. He played this game better than anybody else."
(Princess)

He sits next to me on the bench, hand hovering my thigh. I'm in too much of a state of shock to respond. So he continues:

"He indulged in the world of crime and cruelty. He once wore the crown of it all," Cole enthuses, "He thrived off of the tears and blood of men, and selling their wives gave him pleasure. Though only after killing the men in front of them of course,"

"He was the king of this world, he and my father were partners. They created this world together, side by side. A world of Crimelords and Mafia leaders." Cole smiles sarcastically, "My father had a son and he had a daughter," Cole pauses, looking away, "They planned to join the mafia into one with the contract marriage of the two,"

Ha I wouldn't mind

"But then Vargas got greedy, he wanted to start selling and trafficking younger girls. My father declined every time and that was a problem. Your father started plotting against him, in the worst way possible," Cole stands, back facing me.

"Every leader knows, the one weakness to anybody in power," He turns and faces me, "-is to harm the ones they love."

"He kidnapped and tortured my mother for 4 days in a basement. He videotaped it all, showing my father. He said that unless my father agreed to do whatever he wanted and allow him to take over the business. She would die," His voice quiet, "When my father agreed he took us down to see her. He untied her, let her run to us. Then while she was hugging me, he shot her in the head."

Cole closes his eyes, I almost can see his heartbreaking in his chest. The whole ordeal replaying in his head. I've been there too many times. It's like a movie replaying your worst ever heartbreak.

Over and over again

Making you feel the same way as when it happened. Only it adds to the overall hopelessness of it.

"So, what happened the night of the car accident?" I finally ask after a moment of silence.

He glances over at me, his eyes back to their normal color.

"It had been planned for months, our best guys studying his every move. They followed you and your brother to school, they watched your mother at home. Waiting for your monthly outing with your father,"

I remember those. Every month dad would take a day off of work to spend time with me and Elijah all day. That's what we were doing when the fatal crash happened.

"While you were going home, we waited for limited cars to be around, then struck the side of the car with an Escalade. The Escalade then drove to the hospital. There weren't supposed to be any survivors, your father died on impact and your brother was on the verge. My father took your brother so that he couldn't take over the business after your father passed," Cole's eyes bore into mine, "He treated Elijah like his own,"

"And Elijah just welcomed them?" I frowned, "After you guys killed his father, he just became your own?"

"Elijah took a while to get used to it, after all, we were both sent to some camp in Spain. We spent months in training," Cole sighs, "After a while, I guess you just can't fight it anymore,"

"Why did they leave me?" It doesn't make any sense.

"For your mother,"

I scoff, loud.

"Don't call her that," I seethe, "She's nothing to me,"

"Have you been watching me this whole time?"

"No, my father decided to let your family be after the incident. He decided it would be best to give you and your mother peace,"

"We should have kept tabs on you," A third voice enters the garden, "I would have if I knew what she'd become."

I don't have to turn around to know who it is, his voice was embedded into my brain, burned into my scars, and written across my tears.

He comes into my line of vision standing next to Cole.

"You didn't deserve what happened, I should have been there to protect you and I wasn't," He starts, "But I've found you now and I won't let you go,"

"You're apart of us now and you won't ever be alone, whether you like it or not," Cole states, eyes softened.

"I don't know anything about your world, and for the longest time I despised it,"

"Princesa, killing runs in your blood, it lives in your veins. The cruel part of your father lives within you," Cole smirks wisely. 
(Princess)

"You weren't born to be soft and quiet. You were born to make the world shatter and shake at your fingertips."