11: New Year's Wish

Bulma was preparing four blank small rectangle papers that to be written for the New Year's Wish.

It's two days until the new year. She called her family to write a wish on that paper before she will tie them to the bamboo stalks, at a nearby shrine, in the hopes of the gods seeing and granting their prayer.

"Tch, you still doing that?" Bulma turned to the voice. It was Vegeta, crossing his arms, wearing a navy blue in sweaters that Bulma bought for him since it's kinda chilly during the end of the year.

"Can't we just use the dragon ball to grant a wish?" He asked.

Vegeta got a point, with dragon ball, the Shenron can grant any three wishes. But actually, what Bulma's main intention was- she only wants to know their family's wishes. Every year, she did the same thing, she asked them to write their wishes and she tried to fulfill them.

And every year, Vegeta write nothing.

"It's a family tradition! Someone like you wouldn't understand" She said, annoyed with him.

"What a wasting time." He said as he walked away.

"You don't have anything to wish for?" Bulma asked. Vegeta stopped walking and while crossing his arms.

"Don't have"

"at all?"

"At all" He replied short.

Bulma sighed.

"Fine. But I will put the paper here If you change your mind" She puts the blank rectangle paper and its envelope on the table.

Vegeta seems didn't interested at all, and then he left. Not a moment later, Trunks came with Bulla and find a seat next to their mother.

"Oh, it's time again. " Said Trunks. He took a pen and start thinking about his wish. 

"Mom, you promise won't take a peek at my wish right?" Bulla asked.

"Of course not. It's a taboo" She answered but she lied to Bulla.

Last year, she found out that Bulla wants a family vacation. So, Bulma arranged one. Meanwhile, Trunks wish to be strong like Vegeta then Bulma force Vegeta to train him whenever they got a chance. It's troublesome for Vegeta as he won't be able to train with Whis.

As for Bulma, she actually never write anything in that paper.

Maybe this year I will write something too? Let see. What would I want?

Vegeta came out from the kitchen and walking across the living room, make his way to the gravity room. Ignoring his family. Participated would only mean wasting his time.

Then she wrote her wish on the paper before she put it in the envelope.

"Should I wish for a brother?" Trunks asked, teasing his parents. When Vegeta heard him, he stopped walking and glared at his son.

"Trunks? Do you want a brother that Bad?" Bulma asked.

"I don't want a brother!" Bulla yelled.

"I'm happy the way we are. " She said and Vegeta released a relief sigh and start walking.

"I'm just kidding." Then he laughed.

While Bulla and Trunks were still hanging around in the living room, a teenage guy appeared, wearing a white long sleeve shirt and blue jeans. He has a black spikey hair to the front, sparkly eyes and a smile that look exactly the same as Goku.

"Goten?" Said Trunks in surprised.

"Yo!" Casually greeting his friend. 

When Bulla saw Goten, she started blushing and in instant, her heart pounds big time.