Chapter 3

Third pov

"Aragorn is right, we cannot use it." Gandalf said.

Elrond stood up again. "You only have one choice. The ring must be destroyed."

Willow saw one of the dwarves stand up. "Then what are we waiting for?" He took his axe and hit the ring, intending to destroy it. The shockwave threw him to the floor, the blade of his axe shattered and the golden ring undamaged.

"The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade."

Now Rhayna had curled up on her riders lap.

"The ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

Willow looked at Boromir as he began talking. "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

Willow could kinda see his side of this.

"Not with 10.000 men could you do this. It is folly."

Willow tuned them out as everyone argued. She, Aragorn and Frodo were the only ones that remained seated apart from Lord Elrond and his advisor.  She saw the conflict on Frodos face. "You have my support." She said low enough for only him to hear.

Frodo seemed to think things through for a few more seconds before standing up. "I will take it." When no one listened he repeated himself. "I will take it. I will take the ring to Mordor."

That caught everyone's attention and they turned to the young hobbit. "Though... i do not know the way."

Gandalf let out a quiet sigh. "I will help you carry this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear."

Aragorn stood up. "If by my life or death, i can protect you, i will." He went down on a knee before Frodo. "You have my sword."

Legolas went to them. "And you have my bow."

"And my axe." Gimli added.

"You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is truly the will of the of the council, then Gondor will see it done." Boromir said as he joined them.

To the surprise of everyone but Gandalf, Willow stood up and went to Frodo, Rhayna moving to her shoulder again as she mimicked the ranger and went down on one knee. "I might not know much about this world yet, but as long as it is possible you have mine and Rhayna's protection." She said seriously.

"Frodo's not going without me." Willow recognized the hobbit that ran up and stood beside Frodo.

"I hardly think it is possible to separate you, even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not."

Willow couldn't help but smile as she stood beside Aragorn, the smile turned into a quiet laugh as the two remaining hobbits appeared from the bushes. She missed the amused look she got from the ranger beside her.

"Ten companions. So be it. You shall be the fellowship of the ring." Elrond declared.

Time skip

Once back in her room Willow found that Lord Elrond had gifted her with clothes and necessities for the travel.

She picked up the pieces of the dragon egg and put it in her bag.

She wasn't sure how the journey would go but figured she would try and make the best of it.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)