Chapter 17

Third pov

Willow felt dirty, tired and so very, very old. Like she'd existed far beyond her now twenty three years. It felt unbelievable that that's how long had passed. She could honestly say she'd barely noticed it. But now, after her very first war. Her first time fighting someone that had her level of power.  She could feel the years in her body and mind.

As she laid beside Aragorn, newly awake, she reached out a thought to Rhayna. The dragons answer echoed in her head.

"Rest while you can. Everything is calm for now."

She decided to follow the advice and fell back asleep. The next time she woke Aragorn was gone.

She looked around the room while being as careful as possible when sitting up. Her shoulder throbbed, a reminder of the battle that passed.

Someone had changed her shirt into a loose white tunic. They'd left her pants alone.

The door opened after a short while and Aragorn stepped inside, he too in less blood stained clothes and something to eat in hand. He saw her eyeing the bowl and hid a smile. "Hungry?"

Willow felt her empty stomach ache and nodded her head, too hungry to really care if she was being impolite. And when he gave her the bowl she practically inhaled its contents.

Aragorn stood by the only window.

"How is it outside?"

"Many losses. But not nearly as many as it would've been if a dragon hadn't swooped down from the sky and came to our aid. You took out at least half of the remaining Uruk-Hai." He answered. "You have many out there wanting to thank you for that."

Willow quietly massaged a few tender spots on her shoulder and arm. "What happened in the battle on the ground?"

Time skip

It took another day before she could venture from the room and much to her embarrassment Aragorn hadn't been joking when he said she had many wanting to thank her.

It became old quite fast. Luckily Aragorn never strayed far, which she was thankful for.

"A Rider gave us Helm's Deep, and now we've seen a Rider defend it. You have my thanks." Theoden had told her before the meeting the same night.

"Something's happened at Isengard. We need to see what that something is." Willow made sure to look into her grandfather's eyes. "If needed i will go myself. Rhayna is faster than any horse."

"You cannot go yourself. Sauron wants you still, under no circumstances can he get his hands on you." Gandalf paused, he knew she was right about Isengard. "Travel by horse is safer incase things aren't as they seem."

After twenty minutes of going in circles Willow had finished the argument quickley. Using the fact that her grandfather knows she'll go anyways if he says no to her advantage.

He'll probably be extremely grumpy about it, but whatever.

Later Aragorn found her reading her sisters diary. She was sitting practically hidden in a window where the corridors had least amount of people.

He stood there for some time, just looking outside until she closed it.

"My sister came here before me. The saddle and clothes were hers. Meant for any Rider that would need them after they gave away Helm's Deep." She traced the markings on the leather cover. "She lived for three thousand years."

"Then you will have a long life."

Willow met his eyes. "Will i have someone to share part of that life with?"

He took her good hand in his. "If you will have me."

She smiled. It was a tired but genuine smile. "I will."

How do you guys think Aragorn is? Is he too out of character?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)