Chapter 16

Third pov

The rain would have madw it hard to see if it wasn't for the fact that Willow had Rhayna's help.

The battle had begun while they waited for the Shadow Rider.

The rain had already mostly drenched them by the time a dark shadow broke from the darkness.

Rhayna was quick and for a second the battle below stilled as the fire breathing beast went for the resurrected rider.

The sky was their domain as they clashed. Dragons clawing and biting and the riders clashing swords. Willow couldn't say who the rider once had been but he couldn't have been that old when he died.

His milky eyes shone with rage as he gave wordless commands to the shadow.

Willow grunted, a white hot pain exploding in her shoulder as his blade pierced it. It was one of the places the armor hadn't covered properly and she felt blood dripping down her shoulder.

She couldn't tell how long they'd been up there when fire started flying and heat surrounded them.

The rain had stopped some time earlier.

When Willow finished him with a killing blow the sun had started rising.

The battle was still ongoing but she could clearly see her grandfather down there.

She patted Rhayna's neck with her good arm. "Let's help them."

The dragoness let out a roar that she would later find out could be heard deep into the mountain as they approached the hoards of enemies in a rapid speed. Rhayna's fire soon engulfing them and greatly reducing the amount left for the others to fight.

As the battle was done and the soldiers below finished up the rest Willow and Rhayna cirkled the skies.

"I feel like this is only the beginning."

Rhayna rumbles in agreement and goes to land.

Willow sits still for a while mentally preparing to move her arm as she got down. And when she gathered the courage to jump down it hurt just as much as she expected.

Aragorn saw Willow hold back a pained cry as she got down from Rhayna. Some of her hair looked like it had burned and been hastily put out and her clothes was far from clean. Especially one of her arms. Blood had gotten over the whole arm and Aragorn wondered how she was alive.

Her stumbling told him that she was obviously not entirely okay.

He grabbed her before she hit the ground. "What happened?"

"He got me quite good in the shoulder. I'm starting to feel kinda weak." Her face paled a little.

Aragorn took her in his arms, since she was no way near a good condition to walk. He felt her rest her head against his chest. "We won this battle, but there will be more."

"I know."

Not much more was said as Aragorn patched her up and she started to fall asleep with him beside her, her head resting on his chest.

"I love you."

She could feel him tense for a moment before he relaxed and she felt a kiss on her forhead.

"I love you too."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)