Chapter 10

Third pov

Willow had ignored everyone as she went straight to Rhayna. "You've grown so much." She smiled and hugged the dragon as best as she could. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, my beloved rider. But my size is thanks to you."

Willow made no notice outside that she had heard the female voice in her head. Instead she talked in her mind. 'Rhayna?'

She could feel a kind of poke inside her head as the dragon confirmed that it was indeed her. "Yes. But let us talk more later. I believe you told the human it was time for us to leave."

Willow was suddenly aware of the many eyes watching and quickly pulled herself together. She turned to Faramir. "Thank you for your hospitality. Even if i was unconscious for most of it, but we need to leave now. I wish you well. We will surely see each other again." She let a smile grace her face.

"I wish you safe travels, Lady Rider. Thank you for telling me about my brother and I'm sure we will see each other again." Faramir answered.

Willow grabbed her bag. She wanted to leave as fast as possible and find Aragorn. And the others too of course...

She got up on Rhayna's back, feeling like she was where she belonged as the big white dragon took off. Water sprayed around them as she flew through the waterfall leaving the Rangers of Ithilien behind.

She could have stayed longer but she had other things she needed to do and staying was not one of them.

As they flew she decided that she needed to ask Rhayna how this worked.

"How come we can talk now?"

"Baby dragons cannot speak with their riders. That comes first when they are grown. After you were hurt and fell into the river i spent three days waiting for a sign of you. And then you pulled on our bond. It hastened my growing, but at the price of some of your strenght."

Willow frowned. "How were the others before you left? And what do you mean that it cost me strenght?"

"The others were well. They followed the two hobbits the orcs took. Aragorn kept watch over me and the necklace you gave him to make sure you hadn't died."

Willow felt a strange fluttery feeling in her stomach at the mention of Aragorn.

"If you had not been injured you would not have passed out. But considering the circumstances it overwhelmed you and turned some of your hair white. It is why you slept for so long. Your body needed to regain the strenght it used to help me grow."

Willow was quiet as she absorbed it. It made sense. She had already figured out that they were connected, she just hadn't figured out how deep the connection went.

"So you're fully grown now?"

A rumbling that resmebled a laugh came from Rhayna. "No. I am not fully grown. But i am big enough to help you. You no longer need to fear things as Balrogs and the like. A being of fire is nothing against our kin."

Willow pulled her cloak out from her bag and pulled it around her. "It's growing dark. Let's take a break for now."

The ended up in a cave that could fit Rhayna and Willow decided to what in her bag had survived.

The dagger she had from Boromir was fine.

The dragon book had some water damage but nothing too severe.

Her clothes were fine and she changed into a white, long sleeved shirt and put on her dragon scales. They felt almost like a safety blanket. She also changed into darker pants and fastened her cloak.

She made sure her sword was secure on her hip. She had a feeling she would need it.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)