Chapter 8

Third pov

Faramir's eyes widened as he saw the silver eyes of the injured woman. He could clearly see the blade sticking out of her stomach but even if he wanted to help her, there was no telling what she would do if they came close without her expressed permission.

The stories of dragon riders had always been popular with the race of man and after hearing about the one in the fellowship of the ring, he couldn't do anything other than assume this woman was the one.

Even if he hadn't heard about her, no one else could have eyes like that.

"My lady, my name is Faramir and i am a ranger and prince of Ithilien."

Her eyes narrowed. "A ranger and prince? What are you hear for?"

"I just wish to help." He threw a look at the blade sticking out of her.

"You want to help? Get my bag." She watched, still suspicious as one of the younger men did as she said. Still aware of them, she pulled the blade out, much to their protests.

Faramir motioned for the others to step back, he could see that she was still having some attention their way while she pulled out a small dager. One they recognize as elven made. She did something to the tip of the blade before pressing it to the bleeding wound.

She hissed and glared as one of them stepped closer in shock before seeing that she was stopping the bleeding. Once she was done she put the knife down and shakily stood up. "You said I'm in Ithilien. Where is that?"

Faramir noted that her eyes were filled with suspicion, like she was waiting for one of them to lash out. "In Gondor, and bordering on Mordor."

Willow felt like kicking herself. Just how long had she been in the water.

"Maybe we can continue this decision in a more secure place?" He asked as he saw the sun.

She nodded. "Alright, but no trying anything or I'll kill you." She didn't like threatening people but she was injured, lost and tired. Not the safest to begin with and that's without adding a group of rangers and a prince to the mix.

She felt the tugging in the back of her mind again and glanced at the sky. She realized this was not ideal and commented. "All of you will want to step back."

Faramir saw the gigantic white dragon before it landed. It was a magnificent creature with piercing icy eyes that resembled a snakes as it looked at them.
The big head nudged the woman and for a moment it looked like it was going to eat her.

The woman just smiled, her face worryingly pale and the streaks of white in her hair now a lot thicker, then she collapsed.

Beregond motioned for the others to head back to base as he and Faramir stayed. Once they were gone he turned to his captain. "Captain, we cannot leave her here."

The risk of orcs finding her was left unsaid but still understood.

Faramir nodded and slowly approached the dragon and it's passed out rider. It had it's body around the woman protectively. It growled as he got closer.

"I'm not here to hurt her. I just wish to help." He tried but the big beast let out a louder growl.

Beregond also tried to approach. "Please, she is your rider, isn't she? You want her to be healthy, right?"

That made the growling quiet some.

"We can help her." Faramir stepped closer and was very aware of the dragons eyes as he lifted up the woman.

Willow isn't sure if she can trust Faramir and the other Rangers and Rhayna has grown to almost her full size.

There is a connection with her growing and parts of Willow's hair going white. Can you guess what it is?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)