Chapter 7

Third pov

During the first day of regaining their strength Willow had started to carve a piece of the shell of the egg Rhayna had been in. The end product was round, with soft edges and shimmeres in sun and moonlight alike. She used a leather string and made it into a necklace.

Aragon sat down beside her as she looked it over.

"What is that?"

She smiled. "It's made of dragon egg shell. Apparently, if you go by the book i picked up in Moria, it's as strong as Mithril and only breaks if the dragon that hatches from it dies." She explained before an idea hit her.

She turned to him and put it around his neck. "Here."

She blushed as he looked at her. "Then you'll know if anything ever happens."

She missed his smile. "Thank you."

Time skip

During day two Willow and Rhayna slept through the day, only waking when Aragorn woke her on the morning of day three.

One thing he noted was that was that Rhayna was significantly bigger now.

Time skip

Something Willow learnt quickley was that Rhayna did not like water. Naturally she was the first out of the boat.

Everyone got their things out and went up on the beach. Willow decided to ask where they were going after she got the fire going. "Where do we go from here?"

"We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north." Aragorn answered.

"Oh, yes? Just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassable labyrinth of razor-sharp rocks."

Willow sighed and sat down as Gimli continued.

"- and after that, it gets even better. Festering, stinking marshland as far as the eye can see."

"That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strenght master dwarf." Aragorn said before talking to Legolas.

Willow looked around for Frodo and Boromir. "Guys, where is Frodo and Boromir?"

That sent everyone looking for the two.

If it hadn't been for Rhayna then Willow would never have seen the blade coming for her. She met it with quick blows and cut the head of the orc before another was upon her.

She could see Boromir protect Pippin and Merry in the distance.

"BOROMIR!" She screamed as the arrows pierced him.

The orcs she fought drove her further away until she was cornered by a cliff.
The sword that came for her made her unable to protect herself from the other one and she felt a blade pierce her stomach as she fell, and fell until water surrounded her.

Time skip

What woke her was the pain in her stomach. It was a blinding hot pain and she groaned and bit back a scream as she tried to look around.

Her clothes had partially dried and she still had her sword a bit away from her along with her bag.

She moved her hand to where the blade was and swore. She hadn't worn her dragon scale corset and cursed herself for her stupidity.

"Damn it. Damn it all."

She couldn't see anyone else as far as she could move her head.

She seemed to be on something soft. It felt like grass and she could hear water not far away.

This wasn't good. Not hood at all.

She would bleed out before someone came by. In the back of her head she could hear Rhayna screaming for her through their bond.

Thinking back to what she'd read, she decided to pull on that conection, give her dragon a stronger conection to search for.

"Someone is over there!"

She swore and moved towards the only thing she could use to protect herself, her sword. It hurt like hell to crawl towards it but she got to it before they reached her.

The brownhaired man reached her first and his eyes widened as they met her silver ones.

She pointed her blade at him, hand surprisingly steady despite her pain. Her back met a big stone that she used to prop herself up as much as possible while she felt something inside her being tugged on.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)